Is it just me, or is this network lousy at tracking sales\impressions? CJ seems to do a much better job of tracking, and the revenue is better. Seems I convert better on other networks. The items are good. What's the deal?

Razor I do sometimes find their reporting a bit confusing as they don't post commissions until the item has been shipped. Also quite often I see a cancellation for a transaction that wasn't even posted as a sale in the first place. Another thing is that some of their merchants seem to take rather long to pay up, which is a bit of a pain in the butt. On the whole though I can't really complain about them - they certainly convert better for me than LS.

The thing that I really question is overall sales volume and click throughs. I have some very good merchants that I am promoting for on BeFree. But, they are not generatinh anywhere near the sales or leads that CJ or Linkshare do. I know my sites get traffic, but the sales just aren't there on Befree. It doesn't make sense why they would perform so much less than CJ, Linkshare, Shareasale, or Performics. The numbers are just way off with them...

Razor I can't speak for Performics as I haven't signed up with them, but I can say that BeFree outperforms Linkshare and quite often CJ as well for me. I have two merchants that convert very well on BF - the rest are so so! However, I must admit that when I take into account the number of clicks as compared to the number of sales it could be better. The problem you are having with BF I'm having with LS. I have the merchants, I have the goods, but sales have plummeted the last few months and, like you, I am at a loss to explain it. CJ has it's moments for me - one month I'll do extremely well and the next sales come in dribs and drabs. I've just given up worrying about it as it doesn't help to complain to the networks - you never get an honest answer. I've suspected for a long time now that tracking on just about all the networks is not entirely 100% accurate, but none of them will admit it of course. I think there is a lot of skullduggery going on, but we can't prove it unfortunately.

I think their tracking sucks to tell you the truth. I put up some pages last week for Nickelodeon and can say that they haven't tracked anything yet. I've clicked on some of the products and even that doesn't show. All my links appear to be correct. I'm gonna test some other links and perhaps purchase something for the kids and see if that tracks. Wish they would just consolidate into CJ.

I think what you guys are describing is probably merchant-specific. As far as tracking goes, every network is about the same. By every general metric I track (conversion ratio, EPC, average order size), the three major networks are fairly equal. On each network, I have merchants whose stats are 10x the average and other merchants that are 1/10th the average. Same goes with indies, too.

There are many distinctions between the networks, but tracking reliability isn't a major one.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread