I heard from my bank earlier in the week the last BeFree 1-check I banked was returned.

I've contacted BeFree and after not hearing from them I contacted the merchant. Here we are on the weekend, I'm down $30.00 in charges, not counting the commission payment owed...what's a girl to do?

This doesn't sound good at all, particularly in light of the fact that BF seem to be taking an extremely long time to cut commission checks these days. So far, touch wood, I've never had a returned check from them but I guess there is always a first time. I would suggest you take this up with BF as they issued the check and not the merchant.

I've contacted both BeFree and then the merchant hoping they would get onto BeFree to resolve this issue without any joy.

Sure wish Scott was still there

I didn't even know Scott had left - no wonder I don't see anymore posts from him. Anyway good luck with the check and I hope it clears soon.

Thanks Grumpy, but it's bounced

Okay, we're coming on 2 weeks, I've the bounced check and I'd love to hear something from Befree...even an autoresponder would do right now

Good luck getting a reply, and even more luck getting a response that makes sense. I sent in a question to Befree last month, and just got a reply today. It didn't even look like they read the question, because the answer had nothing to do with my question.

And of course, there's no way to respond to their reply
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Does anyone besides me find this rather disturbing
    It was a 1-check, which I understand means the money was paid by the merchant to Befree and Befree in turn issue a check...and still no word from either Befree or the merchant.

So guess I'll be using the check as wallpaper and pulling all Befree merchants with an email explaining the situation

I'm disturbed to report that I opened my mailbox to find a bounced BeFree check waiting for me today. I rushed over the ABestWeb to see if others were having the same problem, and sure enough......

I've been increasingly unhappy with BeFree, which was never my favorite network anyway, and this may be enough to pull all my links and dropping any merchants with them.

Blahhh. I hope there is only one, cause from the looks of things it may be good for nothing but decreasing my bank balance and wall paper.

Off to write them a letter, without much hope of a reply...

Sorry to hear you got hit too ElegantPlus
    Best of luck hearing from them.

Today I received another check in the mail for the same amount...no note, no reference, no explaination so I can only assume it's to replace the bouncer.
    All up I'm down $40.00 for the bounced check!

I don't have much confidence in banking this new one, if I'd heard something, anything by way of a reason it would be different.

Right now it seems a better option to cut my losses and pull Befree merchants then risk it happening again as I'd be $80.00 out of pocket with no chance of even getting a hello from them!
    Not Happy BeFree

I only have one BeFree merchant and only a couple of dollars, so no checks yet. Isn't a bad check "illegal"? Aren't there actions that can be taken?
    mel

Talk to your bank. They have the ability to refund the $40 charge. If you're a big enough customer, banks are more than happy to do things like this.

If your bank won't refund it, ask BeFree to cover it. Since it was their mistake, they should be willing to reimburse you for the charge.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Unless I'm mistaken, banks only charge you when a check that YOU write bounces. If a check that was written out to you bounces, the person who wrote the check will be assessed a penalty from their bank. That is unless you deposited the check and withdrew the money instantly. Then you will be hit with overdraw charges. Thats why you always make sure a check clears before spending any of the money!

ABW Ambassador
    It's the same at my bank. The bounced check fee is assessed to the company that issued the check. Good luck with resolving this!

I'm very upset with BeFree as well. I haven't gotten a single email reponse to any issue I've had with them for 3 months now. Has anybody seen an email from BeFree in 2005? Is anybody running BeFree? Something is seriously wrong.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread