ABW Ambassador
    I had 4 sales from 1800Mobiles.com. All of them were marked as "cancelled" several weeks after shipping date. I sell cell phones from several other vendors. Never seen anything like this. Seems fraud to me. Before I hit the drop button, please let me know your experiences with this company.

- corrected typos

ABW Ambassador
    I have no experience with 1800Mobiles.com I do have a lot of experience in the activation field.
    Consumer fraud is the issue that I've found most affiliate just don't want to deal with.

Flakes and scammers try for free phones. 80% of apps are crap.
    Then the providers are always changing their rules for approvals.

There are just too many things that can go wrong during the process + the approved customers might cancel in 5 months or so.

ABW Ambassador
    I would hit the drop button, old thread about them:

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...785#8756051785

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Flakes and scammers try for free phones. 80% of apps are crap.

I understand about the fake application part. What I do not understand is how all sales can be "cancelled" a few weeks after the ship date. Ship dates are always a few days after the order date. The customer credit history is already verified when the product is shipped. Isn't it?

Thanks, Trust. I'll check out the other thread.

Hi Everyone,

I sell a great deal of wireless,however, I have also noticed a strange turn of events with on-line cell phone sales and that's why I do everything in-house for the most part.

My store programs the phones
    checks credit cards and works with clients to find the plan that meets their exact needs and budget.
    handles customer care issues.
    ships the phones.

Just recently we decided to also add a reseller plan.50 bucks for every phone sold and zero BS. Unlike these so called wireless retailers on-line, we have over 21 years of experience in the wireless industry and this makes all the difference when it comes to selling wireless.

On-line Cellular used to be cool, however,it is starting to get crazy with all the rule changes and what have you.

Hope this helps and best of luck in your ventures.

Kevin
    The Rarevos

I have no experience with the merchant in question but I do have some experience with wireless cariers. All cariers offer customers a trial period with their services. This can range from 14 - 30 days depending on the carier and the state the customer lives in. During this time a customer can cancel service with the carier without being held to the contract. This is a pretty great deal for a customer, they get to try out the service in the locations that they will most likely use it and decide if the service is what they want.

From an affiliate standpoint, most cariers have language in their programs that talks about a minimum length of time for the activation for it to become a commissionalbe sale. Most of the network affiliate programs don't have an easy way of managing this trial period so it's not uncommon to see orders cancled or reversed up to a month after they were placed.

Finally, it can make a difference if you are dealing with a large reseller or a carier itself. My suggestion would be to contact the affiliate manager for your program and ask him what happend. Wireless traffic can be tough to convert and the trial period presents an additional challenge. However, there are some good programs that recognize these challenges and pay fairly well for activations that are valid after the trial period is over. It's up to you if you want to work within that type of arrangement.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread