Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    So, I apply to be a CJ Recruiter affiliate, because I am starting to design sites for other people, and I want to get credit for bringing new affiliates into CJ. But does CJ accept me? Nooooooooooooooooo.

So, let's review. Every time I get someone to click on a CJ banner on my site - assuming I was, actually, accepted - the individual would be signing up and registering with them, because I am overseeing the project, and telling them they need CJ in order to be successful.

Sounds like a sweet deal for CJ, doesn't it? Low quantity, but almost perfect targetting?

But nooooooooooooo, CJ sends a dismissive, generic rejection back at me three times, without even bothering to read or address my application.

Phhhhhhhhttttt back at ya.

I guess I could redirect them to Linkshare or one of CJs other competitors.

-Tom Rice
    Elbow Creek Mall

Do you automatically join the program for a period if you get a referral through one of your merchant links? hmmmm.. I could be wrong here

Interesting point, spidey. I had a referral fee on one site that never applied to cj's associate program. Someone musta signed up for cj through the merchant's site, and I got the $2.

Why would cj reject an affiliate from their associate program? That makes absolutely no sense.

Try it elbowcreek: set up a page with links to merchants who you think would fit the bill(s). Have one of your clients sign up via a merchant. See their stats? Remember, they must register their first valid impressions before you see the referral show up.

Just a thought.

ABW Ambassador
    Elbow Creek...don't fret...we were rejected too I never understood why considering almost 100% of our clients are webmasters...sheesh....I instead decided to promote cpa banks affiliate program and have had decent luck with that....I'm not even sure why CJ doesn't auto-accept the application like other merchants do...

Tom Pyles

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    If you are giving a personalized pitch, it could be fairly easy to just use the recruiter links from the merchant. Just recommend that the person join the specific merchant and when they do that, there's the $2.

Whether that'll get you into the Recruiter Program I don't know, but if your main objective is Affiliate signups, I wouldn't worry about it...

That's lexdiculous CJ has no business rejecting anyone who is part of the cj network for their affiliate program.

I think I 'joined' once when someone joined one of the advertisers programs on my site.. I can't remember exactly but I think I got a mail from CJ telling me I would stay in their refer program as long as I got 1 sale every 'x' days.. of course, I never got another one

I think they auto reject affiliates. I don't know if they do these for certain categories or they are just not accepting new affiliates right now?

FWIW- I have made more in 1 month with referrals at OnResponse than I have with CJ in 2 years.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Thanks for your comments, I'll just sign my customers up elsewhere, at one of the above mentioned sites.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread