Online Advertising is Fighting Back Off the Ropes , Part I
    Mediapost.com, CT - 13 hours ago
    ... much of the comeback talk surrounds two vastly different interactive formats, search
    and rich media, and this may be a very strong sign for Internet marketing.

http://www.mediapost.com/dtls_dsp_ne...?newsID=216924

xtremeshopping.org: making a difference all over the world!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Jason the article points out the miserable performance of the online Ad industry, who raped and pillaged company budgets during the .com boom era, is making a come back. The Ad wanks were forced by advertisers to actually look for way to justify media buys based on fact ...not smoke and mirrors. Like I posted everywhere 2 years ago the online Ad industry could have laid off 50% of their entire workforce and not effected gross sales by 4%.

The folks read these advertising industry articles are the ones who pull the strings on 80% of the AM's running affiliate programs. Result is you see merchant AM's having to enforce trademark and copywrite abuse by affiliates in the SE's. Their bosses want those prime SE listings when they poor millions into the PPCSE keyword marketplace. The squeeze is on to push affiliates out of the prime traffic generator of targeted shoppers ...the SE's.

The BHO's love that article and I won't elaborate why!. The revenue on Rich Media Ads is up because the Ad wanks charge 10 times as much for those obtrusive Ads covering 50% of the content real estate as the alternatives and feel banner blindness is cured by obtrusive fash Ads and popups.

You'll never see the Ad industry recognize that anything they do can compare to the targeting of traffic coming from an affiliate well laid out showcase display. The changes in the SE industry not the Ad industry brought about this recovery.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Hey all,

We at DentalPlans.com have realized over the last 2 years that the majority of online advertising doesn't work or convert anywhere near satisfactorily to sustain the spend. We NEVER buy banners on a CPM, no matter how low it is, because it never works out! I just bought 3 million banners on ebay at a .25 CPM and it brought me 1400 clicks and 9 sales. So I killed it.

And of course search works because it is targeted advertising at it best with the keyword bids. Check out this article Marketing Sherpa did on us: http://library.marketingsherpa.com/b...ContentID=2408

We basically hinge 100% of our web traffic on our awesome affiliates and search traffic basically. Any other ad buy, from our experience, sucks!!

Just my 2 cents,
    Evan
    DentalPlans.com :: HealthPlans.com

Evan Weber

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Evan Weber obviously came to ABW to create SALES for his company. Advertising is an expense and the only revenue entering any company comes thru the sales channel. I sure hope any AM entering this business seeking it as a stepping stone into the advertising job market changes their career goal. Seeking a sales managers job should be the job path when you prove you can manage a sales force.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread