I am getting sick and tired of posternow transactions being extended all the time at CJ. Somebody on here mentioned that art.com is a good alternative. Can somebody please tell me how honest they seem to be? I am always nervous signing up to independant programs. Please let me know how well they convert and if they pay up! Thanks for any advice. They have a nice selection.

ABW Ambassador
    I would strongly recommend you sign-up with Allposters.com They are the best and always, always pay on time. I never see any reversals.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I like allposters as well. They have a nice 'instant gallery' feature where you can just hunt and peck 25 or so pictures, click a button and you're done. Good commish, and bonus for sub-affiliates, too.

-elbowcreek
    Elbow Creek Mall

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The J Paul Getty folks pulled the plug on Art.com months ago leaving Linksnare folks holding that bag. Allposters seems to work as a good alternative. Personally I feel the guild.com site now at CJ ( don't even bother with their BeFree program under Ashford) shows a better potential for conversions and revenue. The site is awsome and has a lot on collectable art treasures as well as some posters.

I've been mixing pages half and half art.com and allposters.

Do you mean to say that art.com ran out owing affiliates money? If so any future links will be from allposters alone.

f

I know a couple of affiliates who are quite happy with Art.com. I recently signed up with Art.com myself and am really impressed by the quality of their tools, especially the "Virtual Store." Using the Virtual Store tool and a FrontPage template, I put together a catalog of several hundred posters in a few hours (which included the time required to select the posters and develop the template). Now that I have the process down pat, I can crank out new pages in no time at all.

Three comments about AllPosters.com:

1) The site looks amateurish compared to Art.com, and the quality of the images is awful.

2) AllPosters.com doesn't seem to have as many products (at least in my topic areas) as Art.com does, and the choices are less interesting.

3) One advantage AllPosters does have for the reader (if not for the affiliate) is a hierarchical menu system. This makes it very easy for a reader to drill down to, say, travel > europe > italy > venice and find posters--and it means that you, the affiliate, aren't providing as much "added value" with a catalog as you'd be doing with a virtual store from Art.com.

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: europeforvisitors ]

Hm, me too. The biggest problem was I started with van Gogh and it took forever because I kept gawping at the merchandise.

I wonder how long it will take to sell more van Goghs than van Gogh did? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Another problem is trying to work out which version of a picture to use. I'm familiar enough with impressionists and rennaissance stuff to know when a colour balance or EQ is way out, but outside that I'm clueless.

Yeah I know, it doesn't matter so long as it sells. Theoretically [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Its just I can hear Kandinsky spinning in his grave.

f

I'm signed up with both allposters and art.com. I use a Perl script by cusimano.com called allposters.pl for the allposters site, mostly. Did some pages with the allposters store making script before I got allposters.pl

David Cusimano says he makes about $100/day at allposters.com, and is too new at art.com to tell if it pays. He gets paid by allposters.

Besides the bonus for subaffils you get the 5% earnings like cj.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread