Recieved this item from smartmall.biz, sent to an address I only use to collect responses at one of my sites. My address had to have been spidered of the site - SPAM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hello,

Would you like to save 40% or more off list prices AND earn cash rebates on purchases at over 350 well known companies such as WalMart, Dell, Lands End, DisneyStore, J. Crew, Office Depot, Brooks Brothers and many, many more? (see Participating Merchants at http://www.smartmall.biz for a complete list of merchants and the rebates they currently offer). If not, please accept my apologies and unsubscribe from the link below. I won't bother you again.

SmartMall.Biz offers you one of the most exciting and innovative shopping sites on the Internet and is where you'll find these exceptional values and savings.

Best of all, you do this with your own FREE SmartMall web site!

You are probably wondering why would someone give you this great value for FREE? This is why:

Benefit for you: As a FREE SmartMall member you receive substantial price discounts and rebates on all of the pruchases you make through your personal FREE SmartMall web site. (SmartMall sets up and manages the site for you when you register.)

Benefits for participating merchants: Well known merchants like WalMart and Lands End, for example, are able to discount their merchandise because they can turn inventory quicker and do not have to house this inventory in expensive retail store locations. This allows them to pass some of the savings on to you and to run a more profitable business.

Benefit for me: When you register for your personal FREE SmartMall at http://www.smartmall.biz I will receive 50% of any rebates you earn on your purchases.

As you can see, SmartMall is truly a WIN, WIN, WIN opportunity for everyone involved!

Becoming a SmartMall.Biz member is Fast, Free & Easy and there are No Hidden Costs or Hosting Fees! Register for your FREE SmartMall right now at the link below.

http://www.smartmall.biz

To date, over 110,000 people have registered for their own FREE SmartMall and are now saving and earning money every day on purchases they were already making. Start putting money back in your pocket where it belongs!

By the way, if you would like to supplement your current income, do what I do and give away Free SmartMalls to anyone you think may be interested in saving money and earning cash rebates. In reality, this is anyone who shops at even one of over 350 stores associated with SmartMall. Think about that for a moment. Pretty much everyone you know already buys from at least one of these merchant's brick and mortar locations. You could help these people save money while earning 50% of their rebates or more!

http://www.smartmall.biz/

By the way, you have the opportunity to earn money on anyone who registers for a SmartMall after you, even if you did not refer them to SmartMall! So don't delay. It will cost you nothing to register right now and you can always cancel your membership with no questions asked.

Best wishes and enjoy the savings!

Regards,

Bill Mack
    SmartMall 48177

Click on the link below to remove yourself
    http://www.xlresponder.com/cgi-bin/v...@xxxxxxxxx.com

AOL Users
    Remove Me
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[I edited the email references, and the cgi info at the end of their URL's]

Do the merchant names sound familiar?

Bare Necessities, Overstock.Com are there too.

Perhaps an email is in order to the Merchant's?

Fred

In an effort to watch your cholesterol, you eat Spam Lite.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    checking his links it looks like it is all through linkshare. I took a quick look only.

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Take the failures of prior .com bombs and put they into a smooth sounding sales pitch. WHOOPIE a template Cybermall like the fiascos vStores or SkyMall. (Wheres the MLM pitch??) Add in the flavor of a CyberRebates or eBates to "incent" the dreamers with huge discounts on their own and friends purchases from affiliate enabled merchants. Starts to sound like Morpheus/Buyersport spin and a soon to follow a Parasite/scumware script for a shopping/search bar FREEBEE.

Oh the possibilities to hoodwink the masses via a nice spam sandwich. Where is the Linkshare connection unless this is like the guy at CJ who had a autoload Mall with CJ links..I think called jumplink or some such animal.

WebMaster Mike

Hmm, went poking around there and it seems like another mlm site, you have to upgrade your free mall for residual income?

Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible..

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Once you happily get your free mall and register it in the SE's or even pay the PPC SE's for keyword traffic to it you site back and expect commissions. The small print buried in a 4000 word TOS Document most never read, spells out in legalese your not paid anything til you upgrade to a paid Mall. Of course the BIG prominent pitch says you'll be able to retire to the Islands. After a few months you e-mail the operators of this scam to complain your getting so many hits but no sales. This triggers their e-mail campaign to get you to pay their high fees to earn the peanuts their willing to share with you from their own affiliate enabled merchants.

If you pay you still earn squatt and depending on the fees they charge for the Mall it could take several years to even pay the initial fees let alone the monthly charges acruing monthly. You also get the MLM pitch to sucker others into their FREE Mall and get out of debt that way.

If you don't pay they block your access to the administration screen and take over your hard earned traffic and place headers and footers in your custom Mall with links to their own main mall pages.

Now you see why anything that smells of promoting MLM in posts here at ABW gets removed. We aren't in this business to get rich quick. We learn and evolve our sites into a sustainable revenue source. These shortcuts all just delay your making the first steps towards affiliate sales.

WebMaster Mike

They have 110,000 members?

How many sales will anybody get when there's 109,999 other sites out there that look exactly like yours?

The Linkshare Legal Department has it now.

Fred

In an effort to watch your cholesterol, you eat Spam Lite.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread