2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    A great resource for anti-spam campaigns and some spam defeating free e-mail filtering programs is www.mikeslinks.com

Do you hate spammers? The purpose of this Tower of Babel spam trap page link to is to make it so that spammers, who attempt to collect email addresses off the web through address scrapper programs, will flood their database list with a stream of phoney e-mail accounts. Help us in our anti-spam campaign and place this link on your web site...

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Mike...Ya' could have at least thrown a plug our way [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

http://thmedia.net/spam/

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

[This message was edited by TH Media on September 12, 2002 at 02:42 PM.]

I was just looking at both of those last night. Ecom, you get Langa's letter (I think that's where I got it).

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    THmedia I'll place some plugs on my web master resources sections for your fine hosting service and the anti-spam page. You might also get those search rank and SE autosubmit scripts Haiko outlined in the private forum on your site so I can promote those too. Seems he hasn't decided to place them here for the group.

Yep the Langa e-mail had this link and I plastered some of this poison spam food on about 20 sites today. The buggers will be choking on it tonite.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Hey, TH Media, can anybody use the code you have there (or just your costumers, as it will be your bandwidth doing the time)?

And how does it create the "bogus" email addy? I mean, what are the chances of it creating a real one?

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

ABW Ambassador
    Cedric....anybody can use it because I'm that ticked about spam....It is *possible* that it could generate a real address..for the most part it is random characters and words to appear that it is a legit webpage...one of the purposes is to make scraped e-mail lists absolutely worthless. Here is a link to the script..feel free to click around:
    http://thmedia.net/cgi-bin/addy/addy.pl

It is surprising how many times that thing gets scraped...

(And Mike..I hope you know I was just giving you a hard time and not really giving you cr@p.)

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread