I wonder if any of you has been going through this.
    Someone is spamming using my email address.

I keep getting notices for undelivered emails.
    I run through the headers and realized the person doesn't not evn use the same ISP as me.

I would like to know what to do.

Anyone here who can help?

http://www.abusaki.com

DOuble-check your system for any viruses!

YOURsoft - worlds 1st dealware scripts!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Unfortunately, this type of thing seems to be happening more and more often. It can be a couple of things. A spammer is forging your email address. Another is that someone who has your address in their address book, web page cache or various other locations was infected by Klez. You may be able to narrow down which is happening by the actual email returned.

There's not much you can really do about it. But the thing you should definitely do is contact your ISP and let them know what is going on. In case it is spam and someone reports your address to your ISP. They should be able to see right away it's forged, but better safe than sorry.

You can look at the headers and track down the originating ISP and report it to that ISP. But that may or may not get you much action.

Also check and see what type of spam laws you have in your state. You can check here. I know my state actually has a clause regarding the forging of addresses, so I'm just waiting for someone to do it to me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Unfortunately, only a couple of states have that clause.

The same thing has been happening to my brother who is also in NY. The first time it happened his email address wound up on some blacklists. He finally got it all cleared up and it started happening again a couple of weeks ago. He would have pulled out his hair by now if he didn't already shave it. Sorry there's not much good news about this type of thing. Just not much legislation against it right now, which means scumbags will take advantage.

ABW Ambassador
    Good post and info BLFH....I've had spammers forge my address before (what a PITA)...in some cases it is Klez. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot that can be done to prevent it...but as always, its good to notify your ISP in advance..then they know what is going on if they should get a complaint, etc...at least we prefer it happen that way.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

Thanks for all the replies.
    I run through the headers and found the email address from who has been doing it.
    I sent am email to his service provider and waiting to hear from them.
    I think the guy has a virus on his PC, because he sent one of the spams to me which had a virus attached to my server rejected it and was sent to me since it got bounced.
    The subject of the email had nothing in common with the normal subjects of email viruses rather had tone of a businesslike subject, somehting about 800pillows.com.
    I may be wrong here, so please correct me if I am wrong

http://www.abusaki.com

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread