Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Someone mentioned these in another thread, but the thread was about something else, so I'm starting a new one.

I got 3 emails yesterday at the same time to harvested addresses from one of my sites. Now that is not mentioning the oodles I've gotten in the past.

I did call the the phone number provided by Jitka and told them to remove my addresses from their lists and I didn't want to receive one more piece of email from them.

Now a note to anyone from AllPosters.com who may read this. The only thing those emails did was to put you on my blackball merchant list of people I won't promote. If you will stoop so low as to buy spam lists to try and recruit affiliates, then just what in the world are you doing with the email addresses of any customers I might refer to you? I would never do that to my visitors knowingly.

You should seriously reconsider your marketing approaches to recruiting affiliates. I doubt you will atrract any savvy productive affiliates using those methods. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

And BTW, the fact that one of the spams came to an address that is used by my visitors to report spam was the kicker. Also those addresses haven't been live on my site in almost a year. I had to take down all email addresses on my site and put up a feedback form because of this type of cr@p and I can't find my legit eamails in all the trash.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    BLFH ..get the free www.mailwasher.net program and use it to filter and bounce out the spammers trash. Works wonders for me as I'm receiving 40% less spamms in just 3 days of use.

WebMaster Mike

Hey Mike,

Thanks for that link. I might just try this one.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Mike,

I have mailwasher. I've actually been running it for quite awhile. I haven't noticed a significant decrease in the number of spam, but it does keep the nasties from getting onto my computer and cluttering up my email box. I usually just hit the bounce and delete button. But I've been getting more and more of these from AllPosters.com lately pushing their affiliate program.

Every once in awhile something will get me going, and this was one. Also thought other affiliates might be interested in their marketing practices. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread