The Spammers have hit an all time low as far as I’m concerned. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]As if pleas for help from Nigerian bankers weren’t enough today I get a spam mail message with the header:

“RE: Your Bowels Cleaned!”

Now my first reaction was: “What the hell??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] They must have meant bowls” All the while images form an old Saturday Night Live commercial for a cereal with 1 million % your daily requirement of fiber danced in my head.
    I’m not going to quote the entire email, but from what I’m posting you can see that it starts off trying to scare you to death:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Let me ask you this...which is worse:

A. The engine on your Lexus freezes up at 160,000 miles instead of
    300,000. You take a financial hit and you are forced to buy a Camry this
    time.

B. You start bleeding during bowel movements. You go to the doctor
    and get poked, prodded, X-ray'd, biopsied, etc. 3 days later you get a
    call for a consultation. The doctor informs you that you have advanced
    colon cancer at 45 years old. You have anywhere from 6 months to 5
    years left to live...

Cleansing your colon is a 30-day process. Its also very economical at
    $51.50, for all three products. You may be very surprised at some of
    the benefits you will receive besides just losing 1-5 lbs of cr*p from
    your body and brightening your future health.

People have reported more energy, less allergies, clearing of acne,
    cessation of migraines, and many other results, not to mention restored
    regularity...

Currently available only in the U.S. and Canada. Seeking Distributors
    to meet high demand.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The email address you have to respond to is from btamail.net.cn . Seeing as this is an address from Red China(at least I think it is), I’m afraid to ask what the three products are. I just wonder if anybody actually falls for this cra…ok garbage and sends the people any money.

By the way, if anybody wants to become one of their distributors just let me know and I’ll get you the full email address.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jason
    “That’s the song I’ve been sangin for years, that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    It didn't fool me! I saved freight and 50.00 by running down to the local Taco Bell and downing 2 Beef/cheese burrittos. Same darn effect. I did fall for the $6.99 + 10 bucks hidden freight charge for some fake snot to put on your favorite chair. What a ripp and outright false advertising.

They sent a old hanky by US mail with a hole in it and instructions to blow hard! What's fake about that?

WebMaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I 'll state what I stated months ago. These are the people that prey on people who are ill, and are so desperate to have any type of product that they get conned into thinking it may be worth buying.
    Personally these same spammers are the only people I wish would get what they so deserve and have to go though the same type of thing their scare tactics in the email talk about.
    Their story would do a complete 360 after that. I really hope you weren't serious about offering up the info to anyone here to get in touch with them

WW [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

Walleye,
    Not serious at all about giving the full email address to someone wanting to become one of their distributors (or customers for that matter). Considering that these guys are hiding behind a fake URL and their email (xxxx.btamail.net.cn) looks like a Chinese version of hotmail trying to look like a .net, you can bet that you would be lucky to get one of Mikes handkerchiefs with the hole cut in it.

Jason
    “That’s the song I’ve been sangin for years, that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    NewCastleB I wonder if he wants to buy the hanky and I'll foot the freight bill... that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

WebMaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Hey, I would be happy to foot the bill and send some of that stuff to the folks at Ebates! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ROFLMAO!

It's the gift that keeps on giving and giving and giving....

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

I don’t know Connie, with all the BS they keep sending our way, I doubt they need anymore help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We’re soooooooo sorry. We never intended to steal affiliate commissions, but we just have no control over our software. It seems to have a mind of its own. Just so you know I’m telling the truth, I’ll try to fix it again.

(to computer) Hal, stop stealing our fellow affiliate’s commissions!
    (from computer in a calm soothing voice) “I can’t do that Paul. I ‘m programmed to assure mission success. Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer dear…”

See, it’s really not our fault.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jason

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread