This would fix their little wagons;
    Democratic State Sen. Debra Bowen from Redondo Beach near Los Angeles, has introduced a bill making it a crime to send unsolicited commercial e-mails to e-mail accounts in California, and allowing those receiving spam to sue for at least $500 per violation.
    read more:http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...m/tech_spam_dc

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

It's to bad the Feds won't adopt this in to law as well.

DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Damn spammers and those co-reg OPT-OUT buggers will run my Comcast e-mail account to the limit of 10MB in 2 days if I don't Mailwasher.com it.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I can't prove this, but I'm getting to the point where I'm reluctant to join new programs at cj because immediately after I receive a barrage of spam!

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

10:07 AM Mar. 06, 2003 PT

In a single 24-hour period, America Online says it trashed a billion e-mails offering mortgages and penis enhancements, instead of letting them slip into customers' inboxes.

AOL spokesman Nicholas Graham said the company's software filters snagged the record number of junk, or spam, messages.

AOL said its members used "report spam" buttons on their e-mail software 5.5 million times in the period. The largest portion of messages reported -- about 10 percent -- came from users of Microsoft's Hotmail e-mail service, Graham said.

Graham said "an extremely small fraction" of the messages snagged in AOL's spam filters were legitimate ones. He declined to reveal any figures for that mail.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

You have to love when certain state senators attempt to pass bills into law Does the term "jurisdiction" mean anything to them? By the way, I love her quote "There was twice as much spam last year as the year before and the amount is spam is increasingly geometrically". Geometrically? Is it increasing by 3.14 times a year?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The largest portion of messages reported -- about 10 percent -- came from users of Microsoft's Hotmail e-mail service, Graham said. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think they first thing to do about spam is obvious - Block all free email providers - or FLOOD all free email givers with our own spam - shutting them off by clogging their servers.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room~!

Mailwasher keeps my inbox nice and spam-free.

Mark Mitford

Just like the FTC took down the telemarketing industry last week with their DNC ( Do Not call) list law and bann on autodialers which get more than 5% abandoned calls ...so too will the DMA spammers kill themselves off.

My proposal to establish a e-Stamp system still looks like the best option. All ISP accounts get 500 free e-Stamps per month with overage charged to their accounts at a penny a e-Stamp. Bulk e-mailers have to pay 1000.00 per million e-Stamps and other Bulk rates for other business uses. No e-mail gets into any POP3 e-mail box without a digital e-Stamp.

Charlie ...

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread