I've been reading some of my spam, to verify how it was addressed for filtering purposes, and I happened to notice at the bottom of one there was a physical address for unsubscribing.

And it's really close to my house.

I'm wondering if I should wander over there and do something unladylike. Anybody got any suggestions? All else being equal I suppose I don't want to get arrested.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Take up a collection of doggie and cat poop from your neighbors and fertilize the guys doorstep....repeat daily.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

It's a street address plus "suite 111" so I suppose it's one of those office buildings. I'll take a walk and look around. Probably there's no front porch to fertilize. They might have a mailbox, though.

Bring phone line or T-1 line wire snippers with you.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Probably a Mailboxes outlet.

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"

MIKE,

I like the way you think...

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

I'm back!

It turned out to be a bit farther than I expected. Just over a mile. I took the very large dog I'm babysitting, and a plastic bag, so by the time I got there I was well armed.

Unfortunately, it was just what Drewbert predicted, a Mailboxes Etc. So I tossed the nice bag in the trash.

The dog enjoyed the walk. So did I, actually.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Internet providers America Online Inc. and EarthLink Inc. (ELNK.O: Quote, Profile, Research) said separately on Wednesday that they had taken further legal steps to pursue Internet "spammers" who inundate their members with unwanted e-mail.

AOL said it had sued a company in Florida that had been dismissed from a lawsuit filed in Virginia, while EarthLink said it had uncovered the operators behind a multi-state ring responsible for some 250 million spam messages.

Both announcements advance anti-spam cases filed last year, as Internet providers struggle to stem the tide of get-rich-quick schemes, offers for sexual aids and other unsolicited bulk messages that now account for more than half of all e-mail traffic.

AOL, a division of Time Warner Inc. (TWX.N: Quote, Profile, Research) , initially sued Connor Miller Software Inc. in April 2003, but a federal judge said in December that Virginia courts do not have jurisdiction over the company, which is based in Winter Garden, Florida.

In a new suit filed in federal court in Orlando, Florida, AOL charged that Connor Miller helped a client inundate AOL members with 35 million "spam" messages for low-interest mortgage rates.

The company also developed software to help the client evade AOL anti-spam filters, the suit said.

Charles Henry Miller, named in the suit, said his company maintained a computer network for two men accused of spamming but did not send out any commercial e-mail.

Jonathan Beyer and Joseph Conrad, now living in Thailand, are still named as defendants in AOL's original lawsuit filed in Virginia last year.

"We did nothing as far as sending out any spam whatsoever," said Miller, who was reached by telephone.

Miller declined to comment further, citing the lawsuit.

AOL said instant-message conversations between the defendants showed the software company actively conspired in the spamming operation. Continued ... http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...6&pageNumber=1

"This whole deal is gonna end up with someone in jail and everyone else's careers ruined," reads an instant message cited in the suit.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

ABW Ambassador
    Oh yes, spammers will never give out a real address. There couldn't be enough guards to protect them

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread