Geez really tired of this I'm getting hundreds of spams a day and my message filters are having a hell of a time blocking it. Man these mers are perverts. Stop sending me those enlarge your **** by 12 inchs, I really Do not give a Does anyone know of any settings though Mozzilla that can stop these emails even coming though. I'm messing with it and still having trouble blocking spam. And no I don't use mail washer because I can't afford it right now.

ABW Ambassador
    Jason,

I get hundreds per day and there's really no way to stop it with a filter (any filter) because the names, addresses, titles and content continue to change.

What I do is set rules in Outlook to capture certain words and email addresses and then told Outlook to check email every 60 seconds. It doesn't catch all of them, but it does catch the majority of them. And being set at 60 seconds allows you to delete 1 or 2 at a time rather than 300-400 at a time.

http and a telephoto
    Jason! You said you are making money hand over fist and you can't afford MailWasher??? LOL. It seems you need to prioritize and if spam is that big an issue, you need to invest in something to help you manage it, mailwasher or otherwise.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Jason,

The first thing you ought to do is activate the filters available in your cpanel at your website(s).

Next, you should write a few filter rules for your email application (program) whichever one you use. Some are pretty crappy. I use Calypso, which is not really available any more, but is very specialized. I am able to kill 98% of the spam that tries to make it through the door.

Have you disabled HTML view in your email client? If not, you should, it's another way to get viruses and other crap. I have found that only about 5% of personal email is written so you can only see it in HTML. Some merchants are really the only ones that seem to write their email this way.

Anyway, don't let it get you down. All of the suggestions I have given you won't cost you a dime to use.

Fred

I use Spam Inspector, which is very accurate at picking out the spam and putting it into a spam quaranteen folder.

They have a 15 day trial, so you could get spam filtering for 15 days for free.

Having said that, I reckon it's the best $19 I've ever spent.

http://www.giantcompany.com

Hi!

I'm new here. Maybe you guys will be interested in a Spam filtering program which proved to be one of the best. The name is SpamArrest
    Victor
    [url=http://dir.seo7.net]FREE Website Directory[/url] <- add your link NOW!
    [url=http://seo7.net/buy]Buy links[/url] <- cheap

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Don't ever click on some newbees very first post's link. Mouse over shows tinyurl.com/2Ab6f ( whatever that implies) I'm not brave enough to even try.
    If I want to push a great trio of spam filtering- popup blocker -parasite/spyware removal tools I'd rather investigate a worthy company. I have one which has a lucrative affiliate program that is an indy that doesn't block any legit network links by default and a 5 star ratings from the PC testing companies. I just don't want the ABW SE spammers whacking the SERPs with this one.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

OK - I realise it can always be dangerous to click on a link

Anyway - for those who are interested - it is SpamArrest. And YES, tinyurl is my affiliate link shortened.

Sorry if you felt misguided.
    Victor
    [url=http://dir.seo7.net]FREE Website Directory[/url] <- add your link NOW!
    [url=http://seo7.net/buy]Buy links[/url] <- cheap

Wiktor,

misguided? Nah, just ... ed

Please re-read the rules you agreed to when you signed up.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Info For Mike: TinyURL is a redirect service - a legitimate one - that simply shortens long URLs. It's quite useful for replacing very long URLs in emails and some of the offline internet magazines over here in the UK use it for links within articles, so that it's easier to type the link into your address bar.

As for spam, I use McAfee's SpamKiller which works well combined with about 130 (at last count) Outlook filters.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm aware of that MarkyMark. I've been fooled to click those short encripted links before. Sometimes the results can be interesting like playing website peek-a-boo. Ended up at one I thought was a bridal themed shop. Agree URL was too long...HowtoPrepareyourGoatforMarriage.com. Interesting site if your confined to a cave with lot's of info on sexual training. Tips from using honey and milk to a $9.95 special on how to bill your insurance company for gynocoligal exams under co-habitation loopholes. Freebee was a list of doctors and a liberal activist group. Got all that in one spam!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread