Where would you spend your money if you had $250 a month to spend on advertising your affiliate site? Would you spend it strictly on PPC or what?

"If you don't make mistakes, you aren't really trying" - Coleman Hawkins

10 well-optimized URLs in Inktomi. $250 gets you a whole year for each so at $250/month you'd be adding 10 a month while the previous $250 would still be working for you.

{

Stuff that makes me go, "huh?"

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Eaglefire has that right and you could purchase some ABW Ads with the leftovers.

WebMaster Mike

I have heard that inktomi isn't as good as it used to be now that MSN is putting looksmart listings first. Has that affected you two at all? Thanks for the responses.

OK take one month's worth of that and buy a year's subscription to Wordtracker. Use Wordtracker to dig for keywords that are highly searched on MSN and other SE's that use Inktomi.

Yes, I am still making money with pages specifically optimized for MSN despite AOL's changeover to Google. I don't bother to optimize anymore for keyword phrases that have a large number of "sponsored" listings so Looksmart isn't really an issue. Choose your merchant and product well, and choose your keywords well. IMHO Inktomi brings a greater ROI both on time and money than PPC.

{

ABW Ambassador
    Oh boy, that's a tough call... I put WordTracker in my adveritising budget... but 10 new URLs in Inktomi... but if they're optimized for the wrong keywords...

How long does this budget have to last?

Okay, I'd do:

- 3 month WordTracker Subscription ($106.80 US)
    - 5 URLs in Inktomi ($125.00 or $139.00 if you don't already have an account)
    - Supporting Beverage of Choice (remaining $$)

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes." -- Holly, from Red Dwarf

no that's a $250 monthly budget Ceddy - that's why I'd suggested taking a months' worth and buying the whole year sub to WT - since that can be used to optimize for essentially anything including Google - then use the remaining months to buy Ink URLs - he could get, what, 110 pages in there in a year.

Although it would do well to buy a case of Mountain Dew [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

{

No Mountain Dew for me. But I do have a seperate Pepsi budget, so I won't be needing to dip into my advertising budget for that. :-)

Thanks for the replys. I will give inktomi a shot and see how well I can do with it as well as get word tracker. Any other advertising advice would be helpful. thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drumminlogan:
    Any other advertising advice would be helpful. thanks.

"If you don't make mistakes, you aren't really trying" - Coleman Hawkins<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the guys here at AWB pretty much covered one of the best ways to go with that sort of advertising budget. But I can tell you one thing, and it’s that nothing usually brings in instant amazing results (no, not even if you’re a saint [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ). Different strategies are needed for different products. There is no one sure fire method, your going to have to try different strategies and experiment. It takes time but if you keep at it, your efforts will surely be rewarded.

Good Luck!

=======================
    http://QuestCommerce.com
    "I learn, you learn.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] we all learn together!"

ABW Ambassador
    OIC... didn't read closely enough the first time.

Then I'd go with 1) WordTracker and 2) Inktomi... although, I don't build pages fast enough to get that many a month in Inktomi, lol.

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes." -- Holly, from Red Dwarf

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cedric:

Then I'd go with 1) WordTracker and 2) Inktomi... although, I don't build pages fast enough to get that many a month in Inktomi, lol.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi There Again Cedric,

You don't have to exactly build pages from scratch. Say for argument sake that you run a Jokes website. You can instead of building a page with totally new jokes, you can take one specific joke from your "joke volt" and create a page specially dedicated to that joke ( category or topic) and optimize it to get top 20 results for only one or two keywords ONLY. Your, going to have to repeat the process about 10 times...and you would get 10 highly optimized pages ready for a specific search engine …in this case inktomi. You can then use these pages to funnel traffic to your main page where the "joke seeker" can take a look at the other jokes you have to offer. I bet to some of the ABWers this would remind them of the doorway pages technique that have been pretty much banned by the major search engines. To avoid being labelled a doorway page by search engines make sure you have actual content in your optimized pages, that deal in the area of your main page and keywords. If you do this improperly a search engine can ban all pages hosted at your root domain i.e. yourname.com …SO DON”T TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] …it won’t pay off.

=======================
    http://QuestCommerce.com
    "I learn, you learn.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] we all learn together!"

ABW Ambassador
    &gt;&gt;You don't have to exactly build pages from scratch.

Thanks QuestCommerce, but, I *rarely* build from scratch. Once I get a design that works, I stick with it like superglue. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I'm actually a very fast coder. I'd just rather spend my time doing other things... lots of other things. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread