I am pulling about $1000/mo. investment out of FindWhat due to their creepy affiliates sending creepy traffic and their insistance on adding "links to" on my listings (Linking to... isn't the name of the business I do)

I am thinking of putting it into Google. Anything else that works other than Inktomi (still waiting to see if inktomi will run another free whole web indexing)

- BluesX

---------------
    Affiliate Marketing is built upon honesty. Tracking is not affected.

ABW Ambassador
    $1000 per month would buy you a pretty decent SEO, so I'm told [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, though, have you thought about the various www.espotting.com sites across Europe - they have pretty strong partnerships (Yahoo and AskJeeves in the UK among others, for instance); so if European traffic is worth your while, I would put at least some of your money with them. They've also gots sites in Spain, France and elsewhere in Europe.

Otherwise, Google adwords is probably your best bet.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Do Europeans do that much purchasing on the web? And when they do, are they likely to buy wherever or more likely to go to for example amazon's UK site?

I'm just thinking that most of the purchases end up being self re-directed, and those that aren't, will (again, example) if they click your Amazon US site and end up buying from Amazon UK, will the guy running the US ad get credit?

I don't think you can even cross over gift certificates, no idea how well the commission would cross over.

Well if you hate the fact that you have to add "links to" to your listings at Findwhat - you will despise the fact that you will have to add the term "affiliate" to your listings at Google Adwords.

Personally I think I will try the new Lycos Pay Per Click that FindWhat.com is going to be private labeling for. I think that will be coming out shortly. I still will use Findwhat and Google Adwords though.

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org
    www.MultipleDomainHosting.net

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Do Europeans do that much purchasing on the web? And when they do, are they likely to buy wherever or more likely to go to for example amazon's UK site?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, they do. We have credit cards over here as well you know. What strange thinking you Americans have sometimes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Actually, the UK spends the highest (gross and per capita) amount online out of any European country.

UK surfers are just as likely to buy from wherever as US surfers and you need to remember that we have huge amounts of tax added to all goods bought in the UK, so often buying abroad is cheaper (even when shipping is taken into account). Anyway, what's to stop you adding some UK merchants to your mix - you get UK traffic anyway, so why not help them buy.

And Amazon.com doesn't redirect to amazon.co.uk .

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

"Anyway, what's to stop you adding some UK merchants to your mix - you get UK traffic anyway, so why not help them buy."

Actually I don't - I don't get US traffic either, since I don't have a website.

I was just asking a question.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread