Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ok .....

[ removed screenshot ]

on the FP are links to:
    • 247 Sitewatch (48)
    • Losbstergram (53)
    • ehobbies (63)
    • Capital One (no hits)[/list]

Acording to my server and stats server say 131 (small new site)

Haiko
      PS I have not mad a DIME on CJ since CJ forums were taken down!

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Haiko ]

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Have done some ppc on kanoodle on couple of sites so I ve been keeping a closer eye on clicks and such, and have noticed past day and a half maybe the click throughs are taking quite a while to register. As for sales.....sigh....no comment(or lack of to comment on)

LOL while the site and merchants are different the$$ results look all too familiar

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: walleye warrior ]

my stats taken just now
    hits 176
    imps 5753

sales 1 $6.50 commish
    better than nowt I admit but still very poor for the number of targeted hits sent

I haven't had one sale through Commission Junction since I signed on in October. I've sent 1,327 referrals to CJ merchants with no sales or leads.

I'd be tempted to attribute this to a sluggish economy and the fact that November and December are poor months for European travel if I hadn't made sales through a number of independent travel-related affiliate programs. Still, I'm going to force myself to be patient while waiting to see what the new year brings.

Last month stats for me 1 site
    51,570 impressions
    441 hits
    15 leads
    So far this month 1 site
    31,056 impressions
    254 hits
    0 leads
    Something is ED up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Okay, I don't intend this as flamebait, but I've read two similar threads in the past ten minutes, so see it for what you will...

Does anyone who is doing poorly think maybe, just maybe, they're doing something wrong?

Maybe just maybe! BUT!!
    when the links that have been working previously suddenly seem to stop working all together without moving them off of the same page ( I do move them around the page because if the same people are coming to my site and see the same stuff in the same place the just ignore it) something is a little off. I dont claim to make a large ammount with cj but my leads have suddenly hit the wall for no reason whatsoever. All merchants are still active and codes are fine so I see no other reason for it

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'm a bit surprised by those stats! Buyers have been coming through my sites just fine!

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

>>Does anyone who is doing poorly think maybe, just maybe, they're doing something wrong?<<

Could be, but it seems odd that I can make sales through independent affiliate programs when I can't through CJ.

Still, I'll be the first to admit that the discrepancy could be a fluke; the independent merchants and CJ merchants aren't identical, although they're all travel-related. I don't plan to draw any firm conclusions just yet.

(Note: I checked to make sure that I wasn't missing any graphics such as the blank GIFs that accompany text links and which reportedly are needed for tracking. I was missing two or three, but not enough to affect the results significantly.)

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: europeforvisitors ]

Okay, Haiko, I'll admit it, I come straight to the forum by bookmark and never click on a banner. I hope to make it up to you in sign ups [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .

Sales, sales, sales, doing fine. Services? Never made even server fees on them. Traffic and sales were down over the weekend, bounced back when my cubicle dwellers went back to work (medium to high ticket items).

Still that is some discrepancy in your server stats and cj stats, there Haiko. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Haiko,

Did you actually make any money with 247 Site Watch?

I gave them 20,873 impressions and 136 hits (according to CJ) and made US$0.00 only.

Karl

I was concerned about was the discrepancies in the numbers and not so much the performance!

-------
    Karl,

First time trying them.

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    I spend a lot of time working with log file analysis and have for about five years. IMO, there are lots of reasons for discrepancies between log files and stats such as CJs -- browser caching, proxy caching, spiders, other bots, and even your logfile analysis software -- run your logs through five different logfile analysis programs and, odds are, you'll get five different sets of results. And this software "fault" exists in logfile analysis software that costs $19.95 and that which costs $19,999.

Logfile analysis is an excellent means of spotting trends, behavior patterns, and problem areas. It is NOT, and it never has been, an excellent means of determining exact numbers.

IMO, the sampling you have here is way too small to determine if there is a real issue between what's happening on your server and what's happening on CJ. Tell me your log files say you have 1,000 visitors and CJ is only recording 45 impressions, then you MAY have something to talk about -- but there are still a number of factors that would have to be addressed before I would assume that the fault lies with CJ (or any other party tracking impressions through image displays).

ABW Ambassador
    Ahhh Cedric....

I dearly love a voice of reason. You qualify.

Obstinatedon

This was just a representative sampling!

On other sites:
    CJ = 7,104 Me = 12,312
    CJ = 8,389 Me = 14,658
    I can continue for days!

Forget it - I don't care anymore! I have already written off any commissions from CJ.

Haiko

I'm with Leader on this one.. I'm not sure about impressions but CJ sales just fine.
    How much traffic are you guys sending to CJ?
    Problem must be traffic rather than tracking..?

I must admit it's been months since I paid any close attention to impressions. As long as the transactions keep showing up!

quote:
    Originally posted by Leader:
    I must admit it's been months since I paid any close attention to impressions. As long as the transactions keep showing up!

When the transactions are non existant, one looks at impressions :eek:

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Leader,

Could it be possible that you are missing sales? Otherwise, it's like going to the store buying something for $10.00 paying with a $20.00 and not taking your change. I want to make sure that no money is left at the table.

I view my stats throughout the day and the number of pages that show up in the stats nowhere near match CJ's numbers.

I make sales with other non-CJ programs but sales at CJ don't seem to happen.

Mike
    :confused:

haiko said

quote:
    I have not mad a DIME on CJ since CJ forums were taken down!"

haiko, thats scary, i remember you posting before something similar, its hard not to think that someone hasnt taken a dislike to you

how much did you used to make each month from cj before this happened?

i understand if you dont want to answer that last question, just wondering if you used to make loads with cj

do you still get the same amount of clicks and impressions that you used to before?

europeforvisitors, maybe cj travel merchants suck, i was going to ask about them at this forum anyway, so, are cj travel merchants any good?

Mike, I really don't think so. Just that sometimes it looks like I have a HUGE CTR and CR going...as in "Hm! I guess the impressions aren't all showing up!" huge... (I don't actively look at impressions, but sometimes the imp figures are obvious because they're way out of the norm!)

Haiko, that's true. I notice Imps a lot more for new sites that don't have any sales yet, too, now that you mention it.

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

oh yeah, i forgot to say, my tracking is fabulous as usual

if you've got time to sit and watch stats you're not working hard enough

Spiderman--

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

If you don't have time to sit and watch stats, you're doing something wrong!

Not having to worry about "having time" is one of the great benefits of this whole business.

aha!
    for you maybe, but I'm still BUILDING my empire...
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Spiderman ]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast