I know what you're thinking about AOL but I am actually using it to drive traffic to my sites and therefore, sales. I rarely login into it, just to make changes to my files. Here's how:

First of all you will need an account with the infamous AOL, maybe just a basic account using your own ISP (about $10).
    With AOL you can have several usernames (I believe 7).

Next you will create a copy of your index.html page BUT with all the links (and image links) coded using the full path of the actual web site hosted somewhere else (http://yoururl).
    Try to avoid a lot of javascripts and Java applets.
    When the AOL visitor clicks on any of the links she will be taken to the REAL website.

Next you go to the AOL section called Hometown where you can create and upload your files.
    By creating the index.html file with full urls you don't need to upload any images.
    So just go to "Create" then "My FTP Space" and upload your index.html file.

Next you will need to "Add" the page to the Hometown directory, you can choose up to 4 categories.
    By using all your screen names you could add more pseudo-pages of your REAL websites.

I know that most of my visitors (and customers) come from AOL and many of them from that Hometown page I uploaded which is ranked pretty high in their directory.
    You will be amazed how many more visitors you'll get.

This is also good for the Free MSN community, just create your HTML as above and paste it in your own community page.
    Also try the other networks (Tripod, etc.) that offer free websites (but be warned about their numerous pop-ups).

I hope this tip will help you increase your sales.
    My 1/2 cent.

Hi ercole,

Welcome to ABW! That's an interesting tip; I'll have to give it a try [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

{

Try me.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread