I mean advertising my website through pop unders at other websites, how effective do you think it would be? and does it violate CJ's terms?

Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    I tried a popunder exchange for a while last year, and after tracking one sale from several thousand exit popunders I decided it was a waste of bandwidth. At least I didn't pay out of pocket for it.

The only time I've found popups or popunders to be worthwhile is to promote something "cashless", such as newsletter signups. I'll occasionally run a pop window on one of my own pages to reinforce something on the page, but expecting results from popups on other sites is very speculative, not something you can take to the bank.

I hate all popups and popunders

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I hate all popups and popunders <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My goodness. They always speak so highly of you.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I hate all popups and popunders<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    ditto

Not saying I'd *never* use one, but I hate them, and dont use any currently.

Sorry, not much of an answer to your question [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I have no problem whatever with popovers. They are delicious with peach butter.

{

"Laziness, Impatience, Hubris. Pick any three" ~ YAPC 19100

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I use pop ups on two sites that weren't converting worth beans. I'll leave the pop ups there until I go back and spend time figuring out why they aren't converting. The pop ups pay for the site while I work on other projects.

Relevant pop ups might get a look-see, nontargetted get closed quickly, without reading, and labelled in the 'I hate them' category....

If you try to please everybody, someone won't like it -Rumsfeld

I was looking at a merchant site yesterday, got 4 popups on each page.. visited 3 pages, got 12 popups.. how are they going to make sales like that? death to popups [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

I am currently experimenting with exitexchange. (A pop-under tool that displays your web site when someone exits thier browser) I get a lot of hits, but the hits come from other advertisers (exitexchange members).

Tek1systems.com - Great links to the world of High Tech. http://tek1systems.com

Affiliate Manager
    How about a scenario like this:

Let say I have a site with information on Ford Trucks. I also have a site selling Ford Truck accessories. On the main Ford Truck site I have a small pop-up relating to my accessories site. Has anyone tried something like this and how effective was it?

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread