I opened up an account with Overture some months ago before I realized they're virtually useless for affiliate sites. They have my $50, however, and I'd like to get at least some of it back. As I recall, you can't get a refund on your initial deposit, so...

Is there any reason I can't try selling my account on eBay? Or at least the $50 in the account - like, I'd submit PPC ads for the winner and cancel the account after the $50 was gone?

If I can't do this, then what other alternatives might I have (the more creative the better)? It really rankles me that they've got my fifty bucks - I feel rooked!

J

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    The first time I tried Overture, I got absolutely ticked off: they rejected keywords that dealt directly with the products I was selling, there were no affiliate links at all in the site, I felt like I'd done everything right, and they rejected every single word I submitted.

So, I basically just raised heck with them. I did not spam them, however, let's just say they were made aware of my opinion, and my demand for a refund.

I received a refund, in spite of their policy not to do so.

So, I would say, without being rude, e-mail them and follow it up with a phone call, and just be firm: If they are not going to honor their side of the partnership, then you want a refund.

Be insistent, and if you don't get anywhere with the first call, call back and speak with someone else.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

Yeah, I suppose the straightforward tactic is worth a try; I just thought it'd be more fun to sell my account on eBay! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

J

Hey, It might be worth trying overture again. One of our affiliates noticed a real loosening in their acceptance criteria over the last week.

The Merchant only wins if the Afilliate wins.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    This last time, they actually accepted all of the terms we were looking to get.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

Nah, I just got another rejection from 'em. I'm fed up.

J

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread