ABW Ambassador
    Anyone know (and willing to share) the name of a UK inkjet merchant?

I've been searching them out for a long time as well. There are a bunch, but most don't pay or even report that they owe money for sales. One I did find that seems somewhat reputable is CalibreComputing. The UK company CalibreComputing sells compatible inkjet cartridges, paper, cdrw media, and cables. They have an affiliate program under the AffiliateWindow network (sort of an CJ for the UK). To sign up under me (so I get 5%), please visit http://www.awin1.com/referer.php?id=13743 otherwise go to http://www.calibrecomputing.co.uk/ for more details.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x0dus:
    I've been searching them out for a long time as well. There are a bunch, but most don't pay or even report that they owe money for sales. One I did find that seems somewhat reputable is CalibreComputing. The UK company CalibreComputing sells compatible inkjet cartridges, paper, cdrw media, and cables. They have an affiliate program under the AffiliateWindow network (sort of an CJ for the UK). To sign up under me (so I get 5%), please visit http://www.awin1.com/referer.php?id=13743 otherwise go to http://www.calibrecomputing.co.uk/ for more details.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will go and check it out next week. Thanks, I will use your code if it is for the inkjet company, but I am already with Affiliate Window.

ABW Ambassador
    I wouldn't touch Calibre Computing with a barge pole.

I had massive problems trying to get my commissions out of them - it took me months.

Their excuse was that they offer a 30 day return period, but many of the US merchants offer 90 days, and they all confirm their commissions straight away.

I had to get the program managers, Affiliate Window involved and even then it took weeks to sort out.

When you only make 5% commission and the cartridges anyway it's not worth all the heartache.

I suppose you should be happy you got something in the end. At least CalibreComputing have proper reporting. I've tried just about every inkjet merchant that is either in the UK or ships there. With most I send them a few hundred very targetted clicks and they claim I don't make a single sale. For example, 3244 clicks to inkjet-service.co.uk and a single sale, two months ago for which I doubt I'll ever see.

Instead if you ever want to see any money from advertising UK ink cartridges, go with a somewhat unrelated company like eBay.co.uk... With an EPC of $11.84 for my ink cartridge site this month, they are working out rather well. Luckily they haven't yet changed to the way eBay.com pays, otherwise I'd probably only be a few cents richer. Good luck, and please tell me if you find any better UK ink merchants.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, I am happy that I finally got what was rightfully owed to me, but not happy that it took about two dozen emails, four telephone calls and removal of Calibre's links from my site twice to get there.

I'm not happy that my stats at Affiliate Window still indicate a 0% sales conversion despite having sent dozens of confirmed sales to Calibre Computing.

I'm not happy that I had to badger Affiliate Window to get involved and implement their T & C's.

The sad thing is that I now have UK surfers searching for ink and nowhere to send them. Calibre was the only UK merchant I was promoting, but I'd rather have no UK merchants than one that thinks they're doing me a favour with their few-pence commissions.

There is a UK inkjet merchant at Perfilaite UK: http://joinbuy.at/shop

However, I have no idea what they are like - at the moment the only merchant I use from Perfilaite is Blackwells Bookshop (which converts very well as they have free delivery). I can confirm that I have been paid by Perfilaite for my blackwell commissions, so that's something positive anyway. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Did okay with Co-op electrical e-store too, but they are also at Tradedoubler so I use their links now.

[ 08-01-2002: Message edited by: mellowmark ]

ABW Ambassador
    How does this work. Does money earned go to charity?

No, it's aimed at charities and the like as a fundraising method, but anyone can become an affiliate and earn commissions. Some of their merchants are with other networks too and a few aren't. You can set up your own 'V store' type of shopping mall, but like I said I have only promoted the one merchant [Blackwells books] so far.

Hope this helps. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    It looks interesting to say the least. Not up to date with UK store prices, so I wonder how competitive the prices are. V Stores were expensive and converted nothing.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread