Well.. I woke up at 1am to some strange sound of crashing with the words "what the f*** was that?". And then went to sleep.

I'm in Bedford, so that's maybe 100 miles from Dudley.. anyone else feel it?

Меня зовут Динаму

Definitely! I was still up, lying on the bed watching TV when suddenly there was a low rumbling sound,the bed started shaking, windows rattled and the house shook. And this is in London! Not yer average London experience [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

At first I couldn't work out what it was. I thought of a shock wave from a bomb blast since I live in hearing distance of the last IRA bomb blast in east London but it felt different. It lasted about 10 seconds and then everything went still and quiet apart from somebody's car alarm that it set off. In that 10 seconds its amazing how many thoughts went through my mind as I was trying to work out what was happening. I finally realised it must be an earthquake but I couldn't quite believe it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

Here's a link to the British Geological Survey website. http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/

Also a link to their UK map showing the last 30 days of earthquakes. Its updated on a daily basis. Its interesting to see how many earthquakes the UK gets especially in the west.
    http://www.quakes.bgs.ac.uk/monthly_map.html

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

I'd managed to convince myself I was having heart papitations. Even though things were rattling and I was hanging onto my table and things were sliding back and forth sideways. I thought it was me doing this!

I

My boss lives near Dudloi.. err.. Dudley and he recounts that the whole house was shaking and a noise like a massive juggernaut, followed by everyone in the neighbourhood coming out of their houses looking shocked.

They sure are noisy things - I live a long way away and something was rattling and banging like crazy.

I thought it was just the haggis I'd had for tea [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Меня зовут Динаму

ABW Ambassador
    Dynamoo

You had haggis for tea, so did we
    you had an earthquake, so did we

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

It was only a diddy one though [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Was that you dear, or did the earth really move?

Wowsers!

Yes mine was a small haggis too. Good job it wasn't a BIG haggis.

I think that explains the problem.. tectonics be damned, the problem is caused by too much haggis.

Меня зовут Динаму

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe the Scots are exporting too many haggis to South England, so the weight distribution has changed causing the earthquake.

We need to export something back to them. Maybe we could export the Bedford Conservative party, I heard that the BS to body ratio is quite high, and you know how heavy BS is. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Maybe the Scots are exporting too many haggis to South England, so the weight distribution has changed causing the earthquake.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>All, you must remember that the haggis has one set of legs longer than the other in order to easily navigate the mountains of Scotland.
    Dudley, as I recall has a somewhat flatter landscape.
    Now it should be obvious to all that the Haggai have difficulty in maneuvering through the central England region and in their efforts to march to join in the countryside demo in London yesterday resulted in the domino effect when a haggis lost it's balance and fell.
    Hence, the tremor felt throughout the land.

Quite why they were traveling quite so late remains unsolved. I'm sure someone must know [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I didn't notice the quake. My snoring reverberates around the house normally anyhow.

Mad Doctor Gfufy

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread