ABW Ambassador
    Anyone still got old pending sales with Jungle? I still have sales since the 15th September marked as pending. Either they should clear these or delete them. Anyone else?

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

I've got four pending sales for 27/9 (twice), 2/10 and 3/10. The last sale I had validate was dated 6/9 and OKed on 26/9.

I wish they would get a damned move on. That having been said, they convert well as a merchant. I don't really promote them much, just as a sideline to product pages with TigerDirect stuff with a little "UK visitors click here" logo. Five sales (confirmed or pending) out of 176 clicks isn't bad [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Меня зовут Динаму

ABW Ambassador
    Well, tomorrow is the 15th, and I now have 15 pending sales going back to September 15th. On month anniversary tomorrow. I have tried e-mailing UKaffiliates twice but got no answer. Anyone have a contact e-mail? Maybe I should e-mail Jungle?

Andy Williams

Any movement on those sales yet? I've now got 6 outstanding sales.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Since its launch on 30th August 1999, Jungle.com really has been one of the UK's business success stories. Acquired by Argos in September 2000, the site regularly attracts millions of hits per day and is constantly a top 20 traffic site. In choosing to partner with Jungle.com, you're choosing one of the Country's highest profile and highest earning potential partners. Jungle.com pay 3% commission on sales. N.B. Please allow 45 days for confirmation of sales to enable validation of legitimate orders. (cookie length: 30 days)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*FORTY-FIVE* DAYS??? And the frustrating thing is not knowing the value of the commission.

Меня зовут Динаму

ABW Ambassador
    They really are full of sh@t. I e-mailed Jungle as I got no reply from UKAffiliates. Will see if they reply. I'll probably get dropped now for complaining.

Andy Williams

The 45 day thing has been there since Jungle first appeared on the DGM platform. You can hardly complain about it if you couldn't be bothered to read their description of the program.

ABW Ambassador
    I think it is right to complain about it whether I read the agreement or not. 45 days to tell you whether your sale went through when they have had the money for the order for 4 or 5 weeks is cr@p, agreement or not. Why shouldn't we complain?

Andy Williams

Choosing which merchants to do business with should be no different to any other kind of business deal. Would you go into any other business deal without checking the terms first?

They have been up front and told us how long it takes to validate sales. If you don't like it, find another merchant instead - and tell Jungle why you're not promoting their site. You can't say you weren't told about the delay, the info is there for everyone to see.

As far as I can see the problem is with the way the DGM site works, rather than with Jungle.

Jungle offer their customers a money back guarantee, so it's understandable that they won't validate sales until they're sure the customer won't send the item back.
    Other merchants (such as Argos) do the same thing, but other networks deal with it in a different way. With CJ they would extend the sale, so you'd end up waiting another month before getting your commission. With Tradedoubler the merchant could reverse the sale.

Jungle are doing nothing different to what a lot of other merchants do, but the DGM system makes it more noticeable.

It would be a good idea if the value of the commission could be shown for pending sales. I've asked UK Affiliates about this and they don't think it's a good idea, but they woldn't give me a good reason for this.

ABW Ambassador
    Agree with most of what you say here. Especially the bit about leting us know the amount. However, I would suspect that merchants would then get caught out by reversing the big sales. If they reverse sales now, we don't complain as we don't know how much it was for. We sure would complain if ever sale over £200 was reversed.

Andy Williams

Hmmm.... I guess that one problem with the UKaffiliates is that basically the reporting tools and link tools are crap. Hell, I have extended transactions from August on CJ, but at least I know who they are and how much they're for.

Меня зовут Динаму

ABW Ambassador
    Well. My other merchants including Micro Warehouse have now validated all sales to date. Jungle have deleted yet another "pending sale" without documenting it in the deleted sales section (is that not what it is for?). jungle now have 10 pending sales going back to 15th September. Maybe I should drop them and go with Micro Warehouse only? Is Micro Warehouse more Mac Orientated?

Andy Williams

Hmm.. up to 7 sales now still pending.

Microwarehouse = Macwarehouse = Technomatic - but I doubt the tracking would extend to the Mac Warehouse site.

Меня зовут Динаму

ABW Ambassador
    Good news:
    UKAffiliates are now showing the amount of the commission in the pending report.

Bad News: Most of my Jungle commissions are less than 50p

Andy Williams

Yeay.. now EIGHT of the things but at least I can see how much they're for, averaging around £3.75 per transaction. Woohoo.

I'm not going to retire on £30, but it works out at a rather decent EPC of about £11.60 or $17.40ish. Which is alright for something running on the back of my TigerDirect store.. I guess it keeps me in hosting [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Меня зовут Динаму

ABW Ambassador
    I've had a few more confirmed sales today,.... but they don't seem to run in order of date.

I still have some unconfirmed from August and early Sept with the most recent confirmed sale being 7th Oct.

Anyone else?

Mad Doctor Gfufy

Two cancelled - just completely vanished.

Two approved, latest is the 2nd October.

Меня зовут Динаму

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guffy:
    I've had a few more confirmed sales today,.... but they don't seem to run in order of date.

I still have some unconfirmed from August and early Sept with the most recent confirmed sale being 7th Oct.

Anyone else?

Mad Doctor Gfufy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No not in date order. My septmeber pendings have either been cleared or deleted (without trace) but they appear under October sales (even though the date is still listed as September) - stats really suck. Latest confirmed sale with Jungle is October 7th. With Micro it is 12th October.

Andy Williams

ABW Ambassador
    Biggest pending sale for Jungle so far came through. £81.50 commission. What you bet that bad boy disappears without mention?

Andy Williams

My the time you actually would have got it, inflation would have made it worthless anyway [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Меня зовут Динаму

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    My the time you actually would have got it, inflation would have made it worthless anyway [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Меня зовут http://www.dynamoo.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Andy Williams

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread