ABW Ambassador
    Wondering what the best/worst UK/European networks are.

Tradedoubler
    AffiliateWindow
    UKAffiliates

are 3 I know of. Anyone have good/bad experiences to share?

Is there a complete list of UK networks?

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    AffiliateWindow are the worst of these - They have a good selection of quality merchants, but there seem to be constant tracking problems and I can't get any of them to convert.

UKAffiliates are probably the best - most reliable tracking and they pay on time mostly (unlike TradeDoubler who always pay late - they are kind of the Performics of Europe).

There are some smaller players - Affinity Arc, Perfilliate and Affiliate Future. Haven't tried the first two but affiliatefuture.co.uk seem pretty good and they have a very high converting Ink merchant called The Ink Factory.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Marky. My own trials seems to favour UKAffiliates even though their reports suck.

Andy Williams

UKAffliates have a good range of merchants but the reporting isn't great. It *is* possible to do deeplinks to products on SOME merchants but it's a tedious manual process that doesn't always work.

Меня зовут Динаму

ABW Ambassador
    Is there any UK network where individual product linking is not a pain?

Andy Williams

I also find UK Affiliates convert best and I agree about the poor reports. They also send out their quarterly payment invoice as a spreadsheet which I can't deal with since I don't 'do' spreadsheets [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] Tradedoubler returns have been steadily dropping and Affiliate Window is producing very little. But to be fair, I really need to make more effort to promote them all - I'm working on it. So much to do, so little time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

ABW Ambassador
    I've only dealt with Affiliate Window.

In my experience their 'merchant control' is somewhat lacking.

I'm finding that getting merchants to move commissions from 'pending' to 'confirmed' can take months [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

-----------
    JoKe-ZoNe
    -----------

ABW Ambassador
    I put up a link to TradeDoubler yesterday. Clicked on it a few times, and still the stats show ZERO unique visitors. Pulled the link after a few hours.

Does not inspire confidence in TradeDoubler.

Andy Williams

I haven't had a good look at this site recently but you might find it useful.

http://www.affiliates4u.co.uk/

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

I've been using all three main UK networks for a couple of years, and in my experience Tradedoubler is by far the best. They have loads of quality merchants, their tracking is more reliable than the others and they have great reports.

The thing to remember with Tradedoubler is that ther links will only work from a site you''ve registered with them. That's not a problem, you can register lots of sites with them, but you just need to remember every time you buy a new domain.

Sometimes their stats are delayed, but usually things catch up within a few hours.

Payments can often be late too. This is because they won't pay affiliates until they've collected the money from the merchants, they don't use escrow like others do. So if you don't receive what you're owed, it's because the merchant hasn't paid. Things are improving in this area though.

I think UK Affiliates (AKA DGM) is the second best UK network. In my experience their tracking isn't as good as Tradedoublers. They have a few merchants that are also on Tradedoubler, and when I've compared the performance of the two Tradedoubler has always come out on top, sometimes by a huge amount. They are improving their system all the time, and they have quite a few good merchants now. If you have a freebies or competitions site they're probably the best network because they have a lot of this type of merchant. Payment of validated sales is on time, but a merchant can delay payment by leaving the sales in pending, so in reality it's probably no better than Tradedoubler.

Affiliate Window is the worst of the three. Most of their merchants are very poor, and their reporting is very basic. But there are a handful of good merchants, it just takes a while to find them.

There are a few other UK networks, such as Affiliate Future, Perfilliate, Wishflower and Affinity Arc.
    Don't do much with these though, so I can't really comment on them.

As far as I'm concerned the most important thing is how much money I can earn, and Tradedoubler comes out on top, with CJ second, UK Affiliates is a long way behind, and Affiliate Window even further back.

ABW Ambassador
    Jefff
    Thanks, that is a most valuable post. Especially the part about the links and domains. When you get links at Tradedoubler do you need to somehow say you are getting links for www.xzyz.com or is it just that www.XYZ.com must be a domain in your list.

Thanks

Andy Williams

ABW Ambassador
    I am really only using UKAffiliates at the moment, and one thing I am seeing is what appears to be lots of duplicate orders. By using order number I am seeing 2 of everything with the same commission. Sometimes three of them. I realise that people may be buying multiples but I doubt it for every purchase. This has happened with Jungle but more often (maybe just because I am selling more items) from one particular merchant. Maybe their site is so slow customers are hitting the buy button twice. It is funny, only one of each order gets approved. The others remain pending. Waiting for them to disappear.

Andy Williams

The problem of duplicates is for example when someone buys something they refresh the page containing the tracking code for the sale, or they save it and go back to it later. I'd have thought it would be easy enough to automatically remove duplicates when they happen (presumably the other networks do this).
    I believe there's a program that each merchant has to run that removes duplicate pending sales, maybe some merchants don't run it as often as they should.

With Tradedoubler there are two ways of handling multiple urls.

The first way is just to click on "Edit site info" from the menu on the left of the page, then click on the name of your site, then add all your urls in the "Site address" box, separated by commas.
    All you're doing here is adding a new url, for tracking purposes.

But if the other url is a separate site and you want to be able to track sales independently, you might want to add a new site to your Tradedoubler account. To do this, click on "add site", on the "Edit site info" page, and enter the details of your second site. By doing this you can get reports specifically for each of your sites.
    You need to apply to a merchant for each of your sites, and these sites will have different linking urls for each merchant. You can't use the link for SiteA on SiteB.

ABW Ambassador
    Jefff
    Am I misunderstanding you or are you saying that you have to provide the URL where the link will be? Or just the domain on which the link will reside?

Andy Williams

Hi,

You just need to supply the domain where the link will reside. Not the specific URL -

You also need to be careful when using TD links in newsletters, as they will not track by default.

You can however contact tradedoubler who will disable this for an agreed newsletter or promotion.

a side note on using multiple URL's, its often better to create individual profiles for sites in your site info page on TD, as some merchants may be picky, if you have some that are not relevant, or may conflict with their brand they may not approve you. This can include some freebie sites.

Plus Its easier for you to work out where your cash is coming from!

Matthew

Affiliates4u.co.uk - UK Affiliate Directory

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread