ABW Ambassador
    [rant]
    Do their merchants ever sit still? I mean, the suspensions and deletions change so often I am constantly changing the links... it drives me crazy! I could really use some stability within these UK merchants
    [/end rant]

ABW Ambassador
    SamyT, it's not so much the merchants but the crazy way UKAffiliates is set up. Merchants have to validate sales for each affiliate manually and it is this that is the main cause of merchants being suspended. After all, if you are a small online business validating 500, 1,000 sales or more each month is a time consuming process. If the merchant doesn't get it done in time, they get suspended.

In reality, suspension means very little. Affiliates are advised to take down links, but they don't have to. Links still track properly during the suspension period. But slow validation of sales is the main reason for suspensions. Also, UKAffiliates are a little slow at updating that suspensions/deletions list, so you might find that a merchant has been un-suspended for two weeks or more before they get taken off that list.

I also believe that there is no escrow account for merchants at UKAffiliates. They pay a flat monthly fee and then are requested to foward the additional cash to pay affiliates to UKAffiliates. At least, I think that's right - I have a client with a program there. I'll check up on this bit.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread