Hello Gang,

I've recently gone with TrafficMultiplier.com. A 3 to 2 pop under ratio, delivers ads politely... it all sounds good. Today Google declines a new search term I've posted. The reason...

Action taken: Suspended - Pending Revision
    Issue(s): Pop-Up

I had no idea my ppc's would have a problem with this? I've also noticed... a few times... that the sites popping under my site spawn additional pops. That's a problem. A bigger problem is that once or twice they've spawned Gator installs. TrafficMultiplier has rules against this and will boot sites breaking their rules after two warnings, but it's not looking like the upside to this is greater than the downside.

What are your experiences with TrafficMultiplier in this regard and pop under services in general?

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

ABW Ambassador
    Frank - oops; yes, google adwords does not allow pages with popups.

As far as Gator installs, contact Mary at TM and she WILL do what is appropriate concerning the site in question. (and she will probably give you a bunch of free display credits for alerting her to the problem)

Good Luck,

DH

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

Deelz,

I suspended my displays on TrafficMultiplier and have resubmitted to Google Ad Words. That should do the trick, right.

I've been in touch with Marie about the problem sites and she's assured me that she'll do everything she can to get rid of them. The serious issue is that I've had a couple of pop under sites spawning Xupiter & Gator downloads... that's bullsh*t. If that doesn't stop we're outta there.

I might be expecting too much of a pop under service... we'll see.

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com

ABW Ambassador
    Frank, no, if the TM code is on your page, it will still be generating popups and collecting credits.

You need to remove it from any pages you are using on adwords.

DH

This seems to be a common problem.

I had web-exit on one site for a while - until I noticed the "one" pop-under was becoming 2 and 3.

Those were paying advertisers (not an exchange), I think it would be almost impossible to police on an exchange.

It would be nice to find someone to pay for pop-unders that wasn't going to become an embarassment.

Are you Crazy?

DH,

But Google Ad Words only checks when you are adding new terms or making changes, right? So... wax on wax off... yes? No? Actually wax off wax on, right?

TrafficMultiplier is actually doing a good job of getting rid of the offending sites. I've been policing my pops and reporting evil doers. They give me credits for reporting and I've seen a real decrease in evil pops. I'm still testing it out... we'll see.

FYI... It is the UrbanScooters.com code to rid the world of evil pops. With great power (or at least with great traffic for a little site like ours) comes great responsibility... uh, yeah. Ha... did I ever tell anyone here I was in that movie. Spiderman. It's true. Well, as an extra. I've still got to rent the DVD and frame by frame it to pick myself out of the crowd. Look for a guy in the Unity Festival scene in a horizontal striped sweater... shades of brown. That's this scooter guy. OK who cares, right. Sorry... just can't turn this brain of mine off sometimes when it's burned to the core... it just keeps going. Christmas... it's gonna kill me this year... ha.

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com

Frank,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> But Google Ad Words only checks when you are adding new terms or making changes, right? So... wax on wax off... yes? No? Actually wax off wax on, right?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm, nope! I had them visit my pages a couple times without me touching the listings. I got an email last month for the same reason about the pop-unders from Google.

I don't know if they just check randomly once in awhile or not. I ended up taking the pop-unders off my money pages just in case they were to get a permanent ban. It wasn't worth it to me. JMO of course. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Yes it would behoove you not to have the popunder on any pages that are listed on adwords.

I had my adwords listings suspended a number of times for popunders because the adwords issue "slipped my mind" a few times when I was adding seasonal popunders to pages.

It was a while ago so my memory may not be serving me well, but I think I got charged a $5.00 fee for re-instatement of several listings.

As far as TM goes, it works for me for seasonal "impulse" items where there is some urgency to buy. It also helps a bit to test click-through interest on new pages before they get indexed by the SE's, which helps to determine whether it would be worthwhile to submit the page to PPC's. It may or may not work for others, but I will continue to recommend it.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread