Hello again,
    Has anyone set up a section for some quality website linking? As most of us know linking to the "link farms" does very little for search engine ranking, but I guess as most of us run some kind of UK or US home shopping or product selling site linking to a relevant website should be easy with a bit of common sense and advice.

Have I totally missed the boat and in fact everyone links already and i'm the black sheep ?

I know we need to be careful with this, cos I don't want the endless "link to me cos I linked to you" rubbish coming through the threads.

Just for the record I have a Surrey & Hampshire Business Directory + Home shopping site and a USA auto parts, tools & hardware site (generators - snow blowers) etc.

What does everyone think ?

Malc

Does nobody wants to talk about decent linking? Are you all submerged up to your eyeballs with spam-linking emails ??

Malc Have a look....don't bother buying anything if you don't want to...I dont need free advertising but I do want decent websites to trade links with !

Hi Malc,

I don't actually do linking except to my own sites but I didn't want you to feel ignored

I don't know what others do but I found linking to others and back too time consuming so I just cross link to all my own sites. I also built US, UK and mixed web directories on separate domains which just consist of links to my own sites. Its worked well if my bank balance is anything to go by

One reason others might be reluctant to consider linking is that it means revealing your website address to someone you don't know and due to the amount of site stealing that goes on people might not feel they want to do that.

Hope this helps

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

Hi,
    thanks for the reply, I basically do the same as you but I guess I could work on it some more with the UK -USA linking. I totally understand the reluctance to allow random linking but surely if for instance you run a car parts site (as one of mine is) it's no bad thing to cross link with someone in the same situation ? I have a few good quality links with UK tourist sites (as my other site is) and it works both ways very nicely as far as google is concerned.

I know that google will drag down the high ranking sites that link to pointless link farms and one page creations that have minimal traffic..I avoid that as best as I can.

Anyway....thanks for the reply,

Malc

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread