I will be launching a recoginized company from the U.S. over to the U.K. and i don't know which affiliate program to use. I would appreciate any feedback on Pro/Cons (easy to use) with the more recognized programs. So far, i have seen UK.Affiliates, CJ, and Tradedoubler. I am currently using Linkshare in the U.S. and we are pretty happy with them. I was leaning toward Tradedoubler so any input would be greatly appreciate. Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    > I was leaning toward Tradedoubler
    Tradedoubler is the way to go.
    You may wish to add 2 smaller networks to your channels:
    http://www.affiliatefuture.co.uk/ free set up
    http://www.affiliatewindow.com/ not so good at promo YET

We have an good friend in the UK that gets about 15% of his sales through those 2 networks.

ABW Ambassador
    TradeDoubler are the longest established, but I would go with UKAffiliates as they seem to be the most popular in terms of number of affiliates. I've also noticed that UKAffiliates links appear as backlinks in Google - which isn't true of the other UK networks.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

ABW Ambassador
    i hate tradedoubler, they are rubbish.

the only uk affiliate company i have made money with is ukaffiliates.com and i have tried really hard to make money in the uk - being my own country an all!!

can you not use cj.com or linkshare?? like other uk companys do?? thats what i would prefer.

*** And people say I'm just a housewife!!! ha ha ***

I'd go with UKaffiliates as too, even though I currently make more with Tradedoubler. UKaffiliates are a friendly bunch and very responsive to enquiries (in my experience anyway).

Obviously, cj.com would give you the widest access but I suspect the costs would be prohibitive.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

Thanks for the all your input. I was just thinking since Linkshare does not have an UK affiliate program, are we are breaking any rules going with another network. Also, i just got paperwork from Tradedoubler and they are requesting 30% of publishers commissions. Are they serious? I have been hearing good news about UKaffiliates.

We have used TradeDoubler in the past but, I found their interface was extremely painful to use. Also, the value of their network is very poor. We had a large number of Affiliates in our program but, they were not generating any orders and even impressions were low.

We had over 1,000 affiliates in our TradeDoubler program and I have absolutely no regrets in dropping this program.

For our North American program we use CJ so, we are now using CJ for our UK program as well and have seen favourable results.

I hope that helps,

David Delisle
    Manager, Online Marketing
    [e] david@abebooks.com
    [t] 250.412.3245
    The world's largest online marketplace for used, rare, and out-of-print books.
    http://www.abebooks.com

We use Tradedoubler and have found the interface to be a-o-k. As I am a bit new to all this could you explain what is meant by "Also, the value of their network is very poor". I don't understand what is meant. Is it that they don't have good deals? Is it that they don't get you good results? Who's valueing the network? you tradedoubler another affiliate?

I would have thought if you get your website highly listed the value is what you give to the users to make them click? Either written or visual.

Thanks and sorry if I'm asking dumb questions.

I was referring directly to the affiliates in their network. We had a large number of Affiliates in our program but, rarely did any of these generate sales. Out of the Affiliates that did generate sales, we found that the number of orders was still low in comparison to other affiliate networks.

You will find that the 80/20 rule strongly applies to Affiliate Marketing and is even closer to 95/5 (5% of your Affiliates generate 95% of your orders). So, as an Affiliate Manager, I am more concerned with the quality of the Affiliates over the quantity. This was just my experience and I do know that TradeDoubler is one of the larger networks in the UK so, they must be doing something right. They just weren't a good fit for us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 10thDanaffilman:
    As I am a bit new to all this could you explain what is meant by "Also, the value of their network is very poor". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

David Delisle
    Manager, Online Marketing
    The world's largest online marketplace for used, rare, and out-of-print books.
    http://www.abebooks.com

It shouldn't matter which UK Network you're on - there are some smaller ones doing great things

www.buy.at
    and
    www.affiliatefuture.co.uk

But a merchant who has clear ideas about their program, can communicate the program requirements, validate and pay on time will do well where ever.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread