Has anyone had any experience with Affiliate Window? If so, i would appreciate any feedback. I'm not sure who will be the best fit for my new program. www.Blindsgalore.co.uk

Thanks

Terence

I have used Affiliatewindow and I don't like them. (I am not from the UK but do work with a lot of UK affiliate programs so my opinion may not be best one to judge them by.) First off their minimum payment by cheque is 100 pounds -- yikes! I've only been paid by them once in about three years. The main merchant I promote on them has about 1/3 reversal rate too, and affiliatewindow doesn't seem to care. I prefer AffiliateFuture (http://www.affiliatefuture.co.uk/reg...filiateID=1316 is my referal url in case you care to use it). They have a much better interface, better programs, datafeeds, tracking options, lower payout, etc. Since switching from AffiliateWindow I've been getting large cheques from them monthly.

I've been with Affiliatewindow for just less than a month and they're my biggest earning programme, although I still haven't been paid yet because I've been with them for too short a time.

Reversals.. so far.. are exactly what I would expect them to be. At the moment I'm pretty impressed with them, compared to UK Affiliates (which isn't too bad), Tradedoubler (urgh) and CJ and Befree.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

ABW Ambassador
    I cant quite remember how long I've been using AWIN but I think it's from their very early days.

In the past few months they have matured considerably, improving stats, adding lots of support for datafeeds and rewarding merchants who validate commissions in a timely manner.

They have a good range of merchants and all commissions go into a single pot, so you reach the payout minimum much quicker.

Works for me.

ABW Ambassador
    I just looked at your site and see that you have a toll-free number writ large at the top

I really dislike that.

I like merchants who have leak free sites and not those who take the traffic provided by the affiliate and try to divert it to an offline sale, thus avoiding paying out the commission. Some merchants seem to want to have their cake and eat it too

Thanks everyone for the responses, i was unclear who to go with but now i have a better understanding. As far as the 800 number located on our homepage i don't know what to say? I have not found a merchant online that does not display a number to reach the customer service/sales staff. If there is no live help available for our customers it would not work for our comany due to the nature of the product (Custom Window Coverings). Believe me, we are not trying to take away from our affiliates, but on the other hand we are trying to run a business. Thanks for the feedback. I look forward in hearing from more people.

Terence

Warning - topic drift

On the toll-free numbers, SmartEngine have a solution where the affiliate can get their own 0800 number if they generate more than a predetermined level of sales.

________

Dynamoo, I didn't realise that TradeDoubler was unpopular with some of you. Why don't you like them?

Chris Wesson
    Affiliate Manager
    Gamesys Ltd
    www.jackpotjoy.com
    50p a free player
    & 20% profit share
    Program URL:
    www.tradedoubler.com

I use TradeDoubler as well.....it's OK......but CJ has a far superiour product linking catalogue. I did a few product links with tradedoubler.....and 1 day later the merchant pulled the plug on the data feed to TradeD......thanks !!!....I'm with CJ all the way...its just so easy to get decent looking product links up and running in 1/2 an hour - even when you code by hand like I do......

Malc

PS - Sorry for butting in Dyn !!

I find Tradedoubler to be inflexible and difficult to use, slow to process the user's click action and infuriatingly slow in paying.

Actually another good point about UK Affiliates and Affiliate Window is payment by direct transfer.

________

Tradedoubler do direct pay don't they ?? I'm sure they paid me !!!

Malc

Do you think that there are enough affiliates out there who might be turning their back on our program because we are on TradeDoubler to warrant us moving onto another network?

Chris Wesson
    Affiliate Manager
    Gamesys Ltd
    www.jackpotjoy.com
    50p a free player
    & 20% profit share
    Program URL:
    www.tradedoubler.com

We currently use AffiliateFuture, AffiliateWindow, TradeDoubler and UKAffiliates. I personally like TD for a broader coverage of Europe. The others, ranked in order of usability are AW, UKA and AF. For European programs, we also like CJ. We have encountered few reversals and the payment threshold is acceptable on all. For reporting purposes, TradeDouble is good but since we often have programs where we have enrolled in multiple countries, they do not distinguish between the programs so it is difficult to pinpoint the country of origin for a given advertiser (such as CDON).

Paul K. Gjenvick
    Curator
    Gjenvick-Gjønvik Family History Centre & Digital Archives
    www.gjenvick.com

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread