This week have managed to destroy all their FrontPage server Extensions. So anybody that has created webpages with FrontPage cannot at the moment upload, delete or ammend anything on Lycos...even when using FTP stand alone programs, such as SmartFTP etc.

I have emailed them and spoken to the techincal (no)Help Line...They have said Extensions not back until next Monday (have been down since Monday 19th Jan '04).

So...where does everyone host at? My needs are simple...I need about 100MB space, 2Gb bandwidth, 10 emails and FrontPage 2002 server extensions. charge £10 a month for a business package...don't be tempted like I's cr*p!!

Some people might say the same about frontpage though.

you could try
    or is it erm...

You have to move the domain to them but I've had no probs with the handfull of sites I've put with them. If you didn't have to move the domain I'd move all of mine.

Lancashire UK
    I have my own reseller account which i use for my affiliate sites where i get:

Unlimited hosting plans, Unlimited webspace, Unilimetd Email, Autoresponders, 20gig bandwidth, MySQL, PHP, CGi, SSL, Frontpage and the usual stuff. Support is excellent and always replied to within an hour or so. Costs £40 per month and its UK based.

I just set the hosting plans up myself as and when required through an online control centre.

Also i have my own server in the US, as prices in the UK for a server are high with low bandwidth. If you want the URL's PM me.

<< - I Love PHP and PHP loves me! - >>

Opposite the Slough of Despond
    Speedy, that reseller account seems about the same price as mine at Donhost - they've got pretty good service too.

I'm guessing that if you're running more than three sites, then a reseller account with unlimited domains is probably for you. All a new site costs me is the price of the domain name.. as long as I keep under the 20Gb/month limit.

"All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

Lancashire UK
    That's them!

I didnt know if you could post direct URL's on a public forum. I have never had a problem with any sites hosted there and the control panel is the easiest i have ever used!

But .. If you hit the 20gig a month bandwidth, they wont let you pay another £40 a month for another full account. You have to buy extra bandwidth.

Strictly one account per customer.

But its still a service to be reckoned with ...

<< - Web Designers do it with Objects and Style Sheets! - >>

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread