ABW Ambassador
    i see that we can manage our account in Canadian dollars, British pounds, or euros with cj. I am wondering what is best for us concerning the $ rate as it is.

would it be best to stick with $ or change it too £ or will we lose more money? or myabe its best to go into £ and then at leats we know exactly what we will be getting each month?

any ideas would be great

Thanks
    Tamalyn

*** And people say I'm just a housewife!!! ha ha ***

I'm waiting for the dust to settle on current upgrades etc before asking about this.

Because you're right - the important aspect of this whole process is how they convert the money. At what stage, at what rate, etc.

My guess is that it isn't going to make any difference at all - we'll simply see a converted amount in the reports but how the money is stored will not change and what we get will still be subject to whatever route the money takes to get to us. I suspect there will be no guarantee that the £ you see in the CJ interface will be the same £ you get paid as your bank may be using a different rate from CJ.

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    does anyone understand this any better now? will we lose out if we ask for our account to be maintained in £? or will it be more straight forward?
    does anyone know how it will work? eg. $5 an ebay signup, will it be converted as it is earnt into £ and what currency rate will be used? the current one on that day??

any ideas would be much appreciated

Todd said in another thread - if you earn a pound you'll be paid a pound. So for UK merchants who set their prices/spiffs/whatever in pounds, there will be no currency exchanging.

Regarding accounts managed in pounds with dollar merchants, the position is much less clear. CJ seem unwilling to say what rates they will use, whether we will see daily fluctuations in pound balances due to exchange rate movement, or whether transactions will be converted and fixed when they occur. Someone got an answer to "ask a question" that said the rates would be better than bank rates, but I doubt that can be relied on as policy.

I've opened a new account and asked for it be converted to pounds within the current window. I'll then migrate my UK merchants to that account, and maybe a trial dollar merchant to see for myself how this works. If it's all good, I'll migrate everything to it.

Bottom line is I see no evidence from CJ that they appreciate the fact that exchange rates have a massive bearing on international affiliate earnings. They kinda see it all as "a wash" (balances out) - which it does for them overall, but not for individuals.

Mike & Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador
    thanks,

i never thought opening an extra account! i will do that for all my uk merchants and see how it goes!

dilemas dilemas!!

If you wait to create a new account, you will not need to have it migrated from USD to GBP. Shortly (a few more weeks?), when you create a new account, it will ask you to select the currency you want the reporting to be in. You will be able to create a new account for USD, GBP, EURO or Canadian Dollars.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread