Does anyone use datafeeds from Afwin? I can't seem to get the "apply" function to work. Am I missing out on something here?

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

I have used the "content units" once..and they wont work again..probably a norton conflict...I'm avoiding them...crap customer service..they reply to my emails asking me what exactly is wrong..after i've written it all in the email...I dont convert well at all with them...avoid !!!

Malc

PS..have you read your PM from me yet Dyn ?

ABW Ambassador
    Moo - I'm just beginning tou use their CSV feeds now.

Not sure what you mean by the 'apply' function tho so I can't really help.

If you mean that you are applying for access to the feeds I did this yonks ago via email.

Some of the automated stuff at AWIN doesn't quite work as it's supposed to.

I downloaded 2 CSV feeds this evening for two different merchants and when I opened them in Excel there appeared to be some data mismatch somewhere which meant things were appearing in the wrong columns.

What was wierd was that only a single row was affected, and the rows before and after it were OK!

Sorry I can't be of more use - could you clarify what you're trying to do and then maybe I can help better.

95% of the automated stuff doesn't work...including the "customer dis-service" section.

IMOH of course...plenty of merchants are also at the other UK & USA programs.

Malc

It's on the pretty toolbar thing.. there's an apply for datafeeds link which does bugger all.

I've got quite a good merchant at Afwin.. I tend to pick the merchants first rather than the network.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

ABW Ambassador
    I've downloaded stacks of datafeeds from affiliate window.... i actually find they're a HECK of a lot better than the 'deeplinking files' from ukaffiliates.... the ukaff ones have heaps of things missing (like the affiliate link) or have massive images (boysstuff is horrible). Aff Window may be having an off day.... their images are working one minute and all red x's the next.

I have submitted support tickets and received pretty fast responses (sometimes the datafeeds download empty, they've been having a little trouble in this area) but they fixed it quickly.

It's a bit glitchy but overall I'm liking it... the feeds are detailed and there are plenty of them.

**Update** No Parasiteware T-Shirt yet but I DID get some nice postcards from Sandra!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I've got quite a good merchant at Afwin.. I tend to pick the merchants first rather than the network.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep.....me to..I just don't have any luck with the content units at AFW..it creates the scripts fine..but when it's uploaded...nothing..the script just does not execute.

Malc

I find out which companies are offering a data feed and contact them directly. They have then supplied me with a datafeed. That doesn't mean it's perfect, but it does enable you to point out their shortfalls quicker.

I just found the link to apply for the AW's datafeeds. http://www.affiliatewindow.com/ips/d...pplication.php

If you apply for Shopwindow datafeeds, chase it up with a support ticket and it gets done faster. If still nothing, keep sending those tickets in! Datafeeds is the only way to go and awin seems the best so far!

R

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread