Hi,

We run a UK-based independant affiliate programme but we are having a very hard time finding affiliates and getting the word out about our programme.

I was just interested to see if there are any main places that UK affiliates look for merchants. The biggest place I can find that has a lot of UK affiliates is the Affiliates4u forum, but I am having problems getting registered there.

Are independant programmes kinda out of the game if they are not in the big affiliate networks?

Thanks,
    Kev

http://affiliates.hiphopwardrobe.co.uk - Earn 7% commission with the UK's largest online Hip Hop clothing retailer

Kev,

I only look at the networks for UK affiliate programs to join. The primary one we like most is TradeDoubler followed by AffiliateWindow, UKAffiliates, CJ, BeFree and Affiliate Future. We occasionally pick up a UK merchant through clixGalore.

You're not out of the game, you'll just have to try harder to get noticed and build a reputation. Networks bring the audiance to you. Overall, the Networks make it easier for you and me - plus not having to fill in individual applications for each merchant we represent does have certain advantages.

-- My 2p worth

Paul Gjenvick, Gjenvick-Gjønvik International Marketplace

For UK Affiliate networks I use DGM (Deal Group Media) Tradedoubler and Affiliate Future.

For overseas merchants I use Commission Junction, Clickxchange and clicksgalore.

I also run affiliations for
    a few independent merchants but the problem with independents is that if you fail to achieve sufficient conversions you may wait a month of Sundays before seeing any money. A networked deal is better as it all gets pooled.

if Clickxchange has not change their policy.

nearly all their advertisers are blocking webmaster to join based on where they live.

Because of this, i never promote any of their advertisers.

You're right that the best place is the Affiliates4u forum. Keep trying to register. I had problems too, to start with, but eventually managed to sign-up OK.

It's difficult for an independent program, unless you offer something really special such as a significant amount of commission or residual income.

There are so many scamsters in this industry. I have lost thousands of pounds from merchants not tracking/not paying/going into liquidation. Therefore it's important to build and prove you are trustworthy with affiliates.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kev @ HHW:
    Hi,

We run a UK-based independant affiliate programme but we are having a very hard time finding affiliates and getting the word out about our programme. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you tried being direct about it and emailing affiliate sites that you find that may be interested in listing your stuff?

ABW Ambassador
    OMG clothes on websites in the UK are SO expensive!! I don't know how anyone affords anything online over there.... I mean £30 for a t-shirt.... that'd be like $70 in our currency. Suddenly I understand why so many brits buy American instead LOL

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread