Hello, can anybody help me in selecting good merchants on affiliatewidow who convert well.

well i thought ABW was a very friendy place,where affiliates help each other..but sadly there has been no help coming in for me

thecoolest1,

Might want to give it more than just a couple of hours. I don't know anything about affiliatewindow, so I can't offer you any advice.

You might also want to consider the fact that good merchants aren't likely to be paraded about, because they ARE good. To do so only invites additional competition. Sometimes the merchants you don't hear anything about are the good ones.

Give it a little more time, someone will likely be able to offer you some advice about affiliatewindow...

Welcome to ABW!

Andy

Agree with Andy, I read your post and thought...give me one good reason why I should tell you everything I've learned the hard way.

It's not the 'done thing' to come in here and ask for peoples trade secrets....just like it doesn't happen in the real world of business..don't expect to make friends by calling us unfriendly...when you've just asked how to take money away from us.

Work it out for yourself, do you sell knickers? then choose lingerie merchants...do you sell printers...then choose printer ink merchants.

This is business...it costs a lot of money and time to be good at it and i'm sorry if you think our silence is rude...it's not..it's just business.

Malc
    Adverts

Hey guys, I did not mean to offend any of you guys..its just that i am a newbie and was told that abw is the place to learn aff marketing.

And i agree that abw is the place to be if you are in affmarketing..as in the last few days i have learned a lot from reading post on abw

No offense taken, thecoolest1. You're doing the right thing by reading posts at ABW. Just pick a topic you want to know more about, do a search, and read the posts.

Be patient and allow yourself the time to make mistakes and learn from them. I found that my mistakes ultimately told me more about what I needed to do than my successes.

Best of luck with your site!

Andy

Thanks Andy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thecoolest1:
    Hello, can anybody help me in selecting good merchants on affiliatewidow who convert well. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll also find that what converts well on one site doesn't always convert well on another. It's not as simple as trial and error with merchants, it's trial and error with merchants and how you integrate them into your site and with your visitors, your SE optimization, keywords, pre-selling etc.

If it was just about finding the best few, then anyone still in business would be using them, not telling anyone else anything and doing our best to close the shop to newcomers. Fortunatley it's not like that, but I'm still not going to let on just in case

I'd love to tell you my best merchants...but as Paul said...it's horses for courses.

What works for me...might not work for you, my approach has always been to promote the obvious high street names....but also look and think about your niche market...and then look at the merchants site...does it have a bl**dy great big 0800 freephone number on top of everypage....if it does..do they track telephone orders...does the merchant have a good product...would you, you parents, friends etc buy that product?

I have seen plenty of merchants at Aff Window and other places that have dire web sites...and therefore...normally dire customer relations.

But as Paul also said..it's about SE techniques...keywords are still important...but so is relevant content...contact your merchant(s) and ask if they have promo. text you can legally use...or perhaps they'll let you use their images. I know of a merchant on Aff. Windows that converts for me quite nicely...and I've got permission to use their images...which makes for some nice looking pages on my site.

Sorry if we started off on the wrong foot...didn't mean to be rude...but you need to understand their is only so much people will reveal...but a good place to start is with google and overture...not PPC...but looking at what phrases the world is searching for..I learned a lot by using overture's keyword analyser..gives you monthly 'search' figures for any phrase you type in.

Malc
    Adverts

Thnx for your tips KtmKiddy, also can you tell me where can i get the overture keyword analyser

Hi,

I've got the analyser because I'm signed up with overture, somewhere on this board was a link to a UK/USA version....give me 2 secs and I'll find the URL....here's one version.

Overture Keyword Stats.

Malc
    Adverts

The reason I prefer CJ over the other UK networks is because they produce conversion ratios. With affiliatewidow and the others, you don't know if you'll send somebody a bucketload of traffic and not earn a penny.

Therefore you might like to look at the EPC figures at CJ and see which advertisers earn the most for affiliates. Of course, like has been mentioned above, you should try to target the ads to the content of your website(s).

Good luck

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread