Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I have built my website and I am getting decent traffic, however not as much as I would like to, and the clicks are not turning into sales at all! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Can any of you guys help? Maybe tell me the 5 essential things I have to do to get traffic and turn those clicks into sales??

Muchas Gracias! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sassy Sarah
    pasazz.cjb.net

[Un-URLed the cjb.net redirector and pointed to actual, the actual site URL is http://www.pasazz.net/ - Dynamoo]

[This message was edited by Dynamoo on December 09, 2002 at 06:47 AM.]

It might be something to do with the automatic GATOR download on your site...

Click for more about GATOR

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.
    Rule of acquisition #80

ABW Ambassador
    Thanx for freezing up my computer with the drive by Gator install. I really enjoyed losing the stuff I was working on.

Protophoto - Short Stories

Sarah,

Your damn web site installed Gator and Xupiter in my computer. I was able to get rid of gator with AdAlert, but not Xupiter. To get rid of Xupiter, go to xupiter.com/help.htm - there you can download the installer.

Thanks a lot for just wasting 1/2 hour of my day.

Shame on you

Oh boy, that sucks. I don't plan on going to the site, but Does Zone Alarm stop Gator, Xuipter and others like it from automatically downloading onto your computer???

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com

Lighten up all (and I include myself) - Sassy is new to ABW and was asking for help here. Read one of her first posts here in Site Review, and a snip of one of my responses:

Sassy, I had assumed (wrongly) that you had partnered with Gator @ Reporting.net. On second look, the Gator Download is being generated by the "free" url redirection service you are using at cjb.net. They are rotating pop-ups on your site frontpage, of which one of them is Gator. My computer froze twice so far trying to access your site because of the pop-ups, and Gator tried to self-install.

Sarah,

I apologize for being harsh, it appears you don't know your site is installing Gator and Xupiter

I recommend you fix it as soon as possible.

ABW Ambassador
    I apologize too for the harsh words. The answer to your traffic woes all begin with getting a new host. You won't have click throughs if people are dealing with a drive by gator installs.

Protophoto - Short Stories

Don't blame SassySarah for the gator window, blame the free cjb.net redirect service. Hey Sarah, try http://www.filetap.com for a free redirection service with no ads.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Webmaster Resources | Website Tools | Webmaster Software

Thanks Kat and Rik for your help! As they said I am new to this forum and also new to this affiliate business. I posted that question for help, a simple answer would have been just as effective. Some of your should realise that not eveyone is an expert here, and I don't have the experience most of you have, that is the reason why I came to this forum. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

Sassy Sarah
    http://pasazz.cjb.net

I.E. be more considerate it's not like I did it on purpose! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Sassy Sarah

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    lol, Sassy, can you tell you hit a sore spot with other affiliates??? Lol, welcome to ABW, though, have a great day!

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

Yes I have realised that... I'll be VERY careful from now on before posting something...

Sassy Sarah

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Sassy,

A very helpful thing is to know where the traffic you are getting is coming from. All traffic is not equal. You want your traffic to be as targeted as possible for the affiliate links you are running in order to maximize conversion potential. Also get those affiliate links throughout your site and not just on the home page. It seems that most of your affliate programs are for plus size clothing stores. Try to expand on the fashion content part of your site and be sure to incorporate as many of the links as possible in that content. For your other sections, such as the cooking corner, health and beauty, etc. partner with some more merchants that have offering in those areas. Sell the merchants you are promoting. Just putting their banner up doesn't yield the highest conversions. Also check into individual product links and promote some of those.

Also, one thing I noticed as far as the site design. The main table on the home page is kind of squished together with white space on each side. It makes reading it difficult. The 3 columns is good. Just expand out the table width for the main section on the home page. It will make for easier eye tracking for your visitors.

Just a few suggestions. Take them for what they are worth. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Good look with your site. You have a good start. It's always a matter of tweaking here and there. Don't give up. Play around with things and find out what is working and what isn't. If it's not working, try something different. Try to spend some time reading old posts from here. You will find a lot of good info.

Also try not to get to upset about the posts you've received so for. That's not real typical. There's just a lot going on with web masters trying to fight the types of software that were downloading stealthly from your site, and people are a bit sensitive to them right now. Still not an excuse for the type of responses you got however.

For the folks here who got unwanted things installed on your computers. Set your Active X controls to prompt! It's been said time and time again. It is the best way to protect your computer from this stuff.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

BLFH,

Thanks so much for you comments and suggestions. You've been very helpful and I will take your advice! Thanks,

Sassy Sarah

I am starting out here in the affiliate biz also. I have realized that to get traffice takes a lot of time, patience, and persistance. I have bought inclusions in Inktomi and AltaVista. This has done a lot for my traffic. Google adwords are the next (and more expensive) step. I have modified my META tags and descriptions for better search engine placement, and it has worked a little. I have a newsletter sign-up on my main page and have a few signups. My page design is not the greatest, but I am learning every day. Good luck!

Tek1systems.com - Great links to the world of High Tech. http://tek1systems.com

One important thing Sarah: if at all possible, buy yourself a domain name (.COM) - belive it or not, my traffic and sales have grown a lot just because of that, people seem to trust .COM domains more than any other URLs (including .INFO, .BIZ etc domains)! You can get your own domain for as low as $8.95 per year and it's well worth it.

A free alternative I was using in the past are .TK domains - you can get a free WWW.YOURNAME.TK domain at http://www.dot.tk - no advertising (well, there is one pop-up from dot.tk, but you can disable it in the user admin area).

Good luck!

YOURsoft - worlds 1st dealware scripts!
    NEW - Join YOURsoft "affiliate program for affiliate software"!

I agree get a domain name:.com. Welcome to abestweb SassySarah, I used to have a redirect url from cjb.net too, when there wasn't any advertising! :0( But now it looks like they have the gator popup. Looks like I'll email me and tell them to get rid of the gator install.

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Hey Sassy,

Well I guess I am NOT the only one then hu ...

Like others my computer frozen and that dam gator wanted in. My question is why have you not removed that by now... it looks like you asked this question weeks ago.

Anyone here that want to help you out .... funny...is going to get that dam download and be very upset.

I would try to fix that soon.

Brian

Brian Johnson
    Seek and you shall find

The very first critical area of turning clicks to sales is having a controllable content web site (i.e domain name).

Once you control all variables of what the viewers visiting experience is, you need to establish a bond of trustworthiness to your valued visitor/customer.

This comes with the content message you are delivering. You need to have the content and the full facts of the content matter to provide your visitor/customers with.

If these very 2 first listed options are not present, the rest of needs don't even need to be really explored. Why, because your attempt will be futile and profits always near $0

DesignerWiz
    http://DesignerWiz.com

It looks like SassySarah took the advice and got a domain name [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    ________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

I totally agree with the domain name thing.. I registered the .com, .net AND .org for my domain (the others are redirected to my main, of course) so that they don't even have to remember WHICH tld you are under and still get you..

Hey peoples....

Well I have now TOTALLY renovated my website. Yes I got myself a domain name, however I kept my site name as it was... Pasazz... I believe in being versatile and taking chances... So see what you think... http://www.pasazz.net

Regards from... ~~Mediterranean Heaven~~

Sassy Sarah

Better but, still room for improvement. Doorway page especially needs some layout adjustment. Some of your images appear to be degraded by size reduction.

Gene
    TCS

ABW Ambassador
    Now that is one of the best ideas I have ever seen; an ad for chocolate chip cookies floating on a sea of plus-size ads. Right on target!

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast