I have been reviewing my web log files and found that hotbar shows up in users browser tags. (I don't know if anyone realized this or not?) Here is how it shows: compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+98;+Win+9x+4.90;+Hotbar+3.0;+Q312461

What I am getting at is this: There are scripts that redirect or act on these tags. People use them to redirect users using IE or Netscape. Isn't there a way to use the Hotbar part of this browser tag information to either: A. Insert a message onto your page telling about how Hotbar is Parasiteware and how to un-install it. B. Redirect them to a page with the same information as in A.?
    I am not great at Javascript so I am throwing this one out there to the coding Gods.

Feel free to tell me if I am stupid or off base here. I am also reviewing my logs for browers tags for other parasiteware.

Core

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I know one thing, if someone makes it to your sales page you'd be nuts to redirect them away from your pages--therefore denying yourself a possible commission!!!

So I would stick to a message on the page (that doesn't replace the sales pitch). How to code it is another thing--that I must leave to the programmers.

(I have seen that in my log files, btw...)

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread