ABW Ambassador
    I thought the list was at www.merchantboycott.com but the page cannot be found,is it posted elsewhere?

Cazzie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    [ edited link from .net to .com ]

[ 12-28-2001: Message edited by: Haiko ]

ABW Ambassador

Cazzie,

I have been innundated by affiliate manger responses that NEVER accepted WhenU as an affiliate (ie. LL BEAN) and have complained about being on the "black list" to begin with ... so I am making a black, grey and white list ... to properly depict the listed companies (sites) and their position within the WhenU program

Haiko

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Teach them not to just grant auto approval without a site revue. Trouble is some affiliate managers wouldn't understand the ebiz plan behind a Whenu.com cursery site review. They don't exactly explain the parasite practice in laymens terms..just smoke and mirrors.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Despite WhenU, non-automatic approval SUCKS!

About 2 months ago, I applied to one that waited 5 weeks to approve me.

Guess which one gets to wait until after New Year's for me to consider putting their links on?

Oh, that's PAST the holiday season? Awwwwww, TOO BAD...my wonderful AUTOMATIC APPROVAL merchants got the sales!

I have better things to do than wait for approvals or try to explain the concept of a Real Revenue Site to idiot affiliate managers more interested in site design than making money!!! :mad:

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Is Barnes & Noble on that list by any chance? I am just wondering, as I have tons of links to their site, yet I never convert. Could someone let me know?
    -elbowcreek

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know if barnesandnoble is on there. I checked the site and there was no Save Now popup, but that does not seem to be conclusive as they do not come up everytime.

Amazon.com is definitely still using them. So are Petsmart, Bluelight.com, BooksaMillion.com, iGo.com

Can anybody confirm Bare Necessities (saw one their yesterday)?

Some of the Save Now ads are served up by Double Click and eBates.com, but the ones I listed above are affiliate codes.

ABW Ambassador
    Here are a few more merchants that still have WhenU as affiliate partners (came across these today):

BareNecessities.com
    Overstock.com
    1Bookstreet.com
    eCampus.com
    Half.com

some more:
    UrbanQ
    1800Flowers

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: jimbo2002 ]

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: jimbo2002 ]

ABW Ambassador
    Hey Haiko,

Just wondering if you could give an update on the blacklist? When will it be posted again? Are you waiting until you have it complete, or could you post the scum that have been unearthed so far (like 1800flowers, Overstock, BareNecessities, etc?

Not to be pushy or anything, but I ready to go at it (frothing at the mouth) after hitting a brick wall while discussing this with a particular merchant.

Thank you and great job!

Yes, I think you should at lest post what you have or the whole thing will lose momentum.

Hi Guys. Does anyone here get any real conversion from BareNecessities? I've been running them on my site for a few months now and I've barely made any sales. I'm wondering if its because of the WhenU thing.

Thanks.

I've writen OverStock 3 times with no reply. They seem to run their program strickly as a traffic advertising ploy with 1 day cookies seeking bookmarks and e-mail addresses. Damn shame.

BareNecessities and even GoCollect have no sales in the last 12 months from my links to them. They obviously are trying out any and all forms of advertising thta don't require payment.

ABW Ambassador
    Webmaster Mike, what's up with you bad-mouthin' GoCollect in every thread? You really should just drop them -- because they convert and convert well... and pay.

We all have merchants we can't sell for some reason or other -- the wisdom is in recognizing our own weaknesses and dropping those merchants.

And, to my knowledge, they're not part of the WhenU kerfuffle, so it's really rather unthinking of you to mention them in this thread.

ABW Ambassador
    I had decent results for bareNecessities. Unfortunatley their affiliate manager really seems to like the Whenu concept. If you do drop them I suspect he will have Whenu do pop-ups on your site.

What happened with all the "work" 1-800-Flowers" was doing on the Whenu situation? They are still doing SaveNow pop-ups on my site.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread