ALL,

The newest ParasiteWare™ is MindsetInteractive in conjuction with Onflow and Aadcom!
    http://mindseti.com/corp/mindsetinte...e/about_us.htm

According to their unnamed telephone representative ... "No we are not affiliated with WhenU" ... "they are a bad company" .... "We do exactly what they do" ... "Contextual advertising".

Still getting the details ... BEWARE!

Haiko

ALL,

They have a program called NetPalNow same crap as WhenU
    http://netpalnow.com/index.html

Uninstall instructions at:
    http://netpalnow.com/uninstal.htm

Still working ...

Haiko

looks like surf+ and toptext started a trend

pretty soon anyone and everyone that offers a download will bundle a program like this

i fear the the fight is lost unless advertisers refuse to partner with affilates running these programs and affiliate networks refuse to accomodate them

look at those uninstal instructions, i wouldnt want to go into my registry and muss with it and i think im a fairly experienced computer user

quote:

super relevant search results

The number one complaint among Internet users is their inability to "find what they are looking for" due to the clutter of irrelevant results found on most search engines and portals.

Net Pal has partnered with FindWhat.com.

Findwhat.com seems to be behind an awfull lot of this junk!

austin is right - things could spawm out of control with all these parasiteware downloads...unless they can be proven as unlawful in court (theft/copyright issues maybe). i recall Fred mentioning his legal beagle regarding whenU recntly...think he's got the right idea.

meanwhile a big thumbs up for Haiko's merchantwatch

ABW Ambassador
    I am so sorry I didn't pay attention last night. I think it was on CNN and they had some advertising agents crowing about the new programs that they are using on the internet to gain sales over other merchants. It was about "Contextual advertising". Darn, I wish I listened.
    Cazzie

ABW Ambassador
    Its too bad we couldn't create a program to bundle for download that prevents the user from being able to install these scumware programs...... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

quote:
    Originally posted by MsMarySunshine:
    Its too bad we couldn't create a program to bundle for download that prevents the user from being able to install these scumware programs...... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Official call out to all serious programmers ... I'll pay all the listing fees on all the major download sites ... you give me a program to auto update daily to eradicate the ParasiteWare™ we discover daily ... Quotes should include initial program and a fees for the updates also!

Haiko

PM ME!

quote:
    "No we are not affiliated with WhenU" ... "they are a bad company" .... "We do exactly what they do"

What? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I know now, they are bad too.

AT

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    All these POS ( point of sale) revenue stealers are like a herd of Zebras. From a distance of more than a 100 yards they all look and act alike.

Can't all of these companies be pulled up on the fact they advertise "easy removal" when it certainly isn't easy!
    Ezula and Surf had the same, "no problems with removal" and I know from experience with Surf the uninstall doesn't work you have to get into the reg, just like this new one!
    It's only a small thing, but it's misleading the public.

Haiko - Maybe you need to create ABWware - automatically removes scumware on contact.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Net Pal has partnered with FindWhat.com.

Blast it :mad:

FindWhat must sure be desperate. Which I can understand considering their traffic delivery is still shrinking!!

Sux anyway. It looks like clouds of crack smoke are filling the offices of the major PPC engine offices these days--they're all affected differently but they're still all affected!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Mindset Interactive NetPal sure is a clone of Whenu.com's ShopNow parasite program. Notice how they even rippedoff the PayPal "sound and look alike" name.

Their advertisers have some media names who sued everyone over Napster ..but endorse stealing anything other than their music artists.
    Warner Bros.
    NFL/Titans
    Sony
    Fortune City
    Speedy Click
    My Points
    Hurley
    Iwin.com
    LifeMinders
    Kick Media
    Old Republic Title
    Xdrive
    Excite
    @home.com
    Buzztone
    EMAP Publications
    L90
    Fresno State Bulldogs
    SCE
    NFL/Cardinals
    Commonwealth

Mindset Interactive can identify and communicate with:

millions of consumers.
    any site on the web
    users at the moment they are thinking about your product category and are most receptive to your message.
    How can Mindset deliver this unprecedented level of targeting? By distributing a
    software application called Net Pal, an application which resides on the users computer and travels the web with them.
    Mindset helps users by:

Delivering relevant information to users as they shop or browse the web. In turn, consumers give Mindset unprecedented real-time access to communicate with them as they travel anywhere on the web.

Who is Mindset Interactive?

Mindset Interactive Corp., a publicly held company (MSIA), is a developer of Internet and PC based marketing and branding solutions that deliver customized, interactive experiences for clients such as, Warner Bros and Sony Pictures. The management team brings years of experience from top technology companies, advertising agencies and consumer packaged goods companies

The only thing the see good at packaging is the BS and a bag PR spin on parasitewarez

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread