Hey folks!

You know how when we complain to Amazon about scumware and they say the situation is 'under review'? Well for a few months when they want me to use new links I've told them its 'under review' and when I get a respose about WhenU they'll get a response about their links.

I sent them the usual Stuff Off response recently over something and got this in reply:-

"We have been in contact with WhenU and discussed this situation with them; they have since altered their software so that it will not interfere with the ability of other Associates to earn referral fees. We
    have tested this and they are now in compliance."

???

Comments anyone?

I

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know. We need someone with Shopnow installed to look at it.

Last time I brought this up with Amazon, they told me that the discussion about Whenu on the Amazon Associates discussion board had quieted down, and therefore they felt associates were happy with the solution (but they did not mention what the solution had been).

Hm. I'm thinking they're probably still stealing commissions elsewhere. Think I should hold out untill Amazon drops them completely?

Are Amazon involved in any other scumware?

I

Icicle.
    I agree with your thinking but why cut your nose off to spite your face? If you can make a sale for amazon you KNOW you will be paid for it, I wish I could say that about most merchants.
    I make about $100.00 per quarter from them not much but it pays the hosting of my sites.

In fact I am so pleased with the way they run the program (apart from their dealings with whenu) I am expanding their products and hoping to make more.

In my simple way of thinking a little money is better than none.

I make $200 a quarter with them. It isn't even enough to keep me in bedtime reading.

My idea of 'cutting my nose off to spite my face' would be spending any more time on Amazon for 5%. They are not an efficient use of my time, and if I wanted to do charity work I could think of worthier causes.

I

No offence meant Icicle, I was merely saying I personaly though that $100.00 per quarter is better than $00.00 per quarter.
    Each to their own, maybe one day I will earn enough to say $200.00 per quarter is not worth the work.
    Sorry if I offended you.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread