This was at the top of the Verizon Wireless Affiliate page when I went to it at BeFree.

Congratulations to Whenu.com, owner of www.WhenU.com, for being our Verizon Wireless Affiliate of the Month for March 2002. WhenU.com has built the world's most effective contextual marketing network.
    Great work and thank you for your particpation.

It's not hard to be the Affiliate of the Month when you steal everyone's sales...

Core

Core,

What's even sadder, is that the affiliate manager KNOWS what WhenU is and does. I have been on a few conference calls with other Affiliate managers (she was on the call also) wherein we discussed WhenU at length!

Some companies / managers just don't have the nerve to run clean business and only rely on ParasiteWare™ companies to drive sales and make them look like they know what they are doing.

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Well Good for them. They never pay on time, very late, don't like to communicate overly with affiliates. So in my opinion they make a Great match. They p**** me off ages ago.

How about putting 'verizon are crooks' on a big page somewhere, then inviting them to sue?

And this goes for all the other beneficiaries of scumware.

I

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I agree, Icicle. I'm thinking they wouldn't, exactly, like their policies displayed on CNN.....

I tell you what Icicle,

If Verizon Wireless doesn't pay me by the end of this month I will actually consider doing that. My main Verizon site get's quite a bit of traffic.

Core

If you have any problems hosting such a page, I have a wonderful host who is impossible to intimidate, and he'll do it for free. A link from a well ranked Verizon page should give it a nice ranking too.

I should change my name to Mischief Incorporated [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I

Or better yet ... link to this thread!

If you want a commissionable link I'll set you one up on Shareasale!

Haiko

commissionable link...lololol......

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I agree, Icicle. I'm thinking they wouldn't, exactly, like their policies displayed on CNN.....

The really sad thing is that the general public couldn't care less about our dilema.

Ver!zonsucks.com Now theres a name for your new site, and guess what? It's not available!

name look up

Who owns all those sucks names???

whois

Now don't that beat all. They really know they suck!!!

quote:
    Originally posted by breeze:

Who owns all those sucks names???

whois

Now don't that beat all. They really know they suck!!!

LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Brian

Breeze - you may have just stumbled onto a whole new niche. Buy 'companyname'sucks.com .net .biz .us .whatever, then sell em to the company as a preventative. I can see the pitch now:

"Don't let what happened to X company happen to you! Reserve these names so no one else can! If you don't want 'em, somebody else surely will!"

lololol.....I'm tellin' ya, you are onto somethin' here.

ABW Ambassador
    A good alternative to Verizon is Lets Talk with Cj.

I so far haven't had one reversal. KNock on wood.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Verizon is one of the companies also using "pink slip" authorization to spam farms whereby they hide their payment trail and involvement. AT&T go busted for this practice too. Bet their affiliate manager has their phonebook marked with stars next to Morpheous -Gator -Grokster and Kaazzaa.

If anyone wants to make a cool looking template page for a BLACkLIST site, I will host it and plug in any site that needs to be blacklisted for scumware,etc.

Basically, the listing should consist of a text saying something like for each company listed

"XYZ is invading peoples privacy thru the use of auto installing 'scumware' and stealing commissions from thousands of affiliate marketers."

"Stiffed thousaands of affiliates of millions of dollars in as a merchant of SNARE with impunity and assistance of Snare."

Follwed by a banner image of the perp with the link disabled.

You can see the link format at http://www.mastermcom.net/freestuff.html

When we have all the notorious scum listed, we can all send out emails to have people come and view the page.

Plus we can all send an email to the perps site to go look.

I will send a PR piece about it to 10,000 journalists.

If they don't like being on the list they can sue me...and I'll just ask for all their data in discovery and the game is over, because you know if we have their data it will hang them. Kind of like memos from Ford about exploding gas tanks in the Pinto era.

Time to declare WAR.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    quote:
    Breeze - you may have just stumbled onto a whole new niche. Buy 'companyname'sucks.com .net .biz .us .whatever, then sell em to the company as a preventative. I can see the pitch now:
    "Don't let what happened to X company happen to you! Reserve these names so no one else can! If you don't want 'em, somebody else surely will!"

lololol.....I'm tellin' ya, you are onto somethin' here.

LOL
    I think I have now found my niche (j/k). Of course the site copiers in here may have already acted on the idea.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread