Get the f****k off my domain!

Now I feel better...wish it was that simple!

Well said mousejockey!!!!

I just need to offload some aggression after seeing Haiko's screencapture of JCWhitney site, so I thought I'd pop
    in the agro room ...
    That is amazing, a copy should be sent to every merchant/webmaster online to see what can happen and is happening to their sites!

Can't spell when I'm angry!!!!

and...a copy should be sent to every politician, legislator,would be if they could be and of course the media!

[ 04-27-2002: Message edited by: mousejockey ]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The Ad industry and affiliate networks never got the message I clearly saw in 1998. No form of advertising will ever sustain a ROI online until the advertiser put REAL VALUE at the end of the click. The one with the mouse in hand ( like the TV remote control)has all the power. Waste his/her time and your toast. You can't create a loyal BRAND unless you deserve it by the service you offer. You can't create a viable "pay per performance" affiliate program unless you pay commissions through high conversion ratios....period. If your merchant site doesn't deserve a shopper's bookmark you will eventually die a natural death.

I'm not sure I understand you post Mike, have you seen Haiko's screencapture of JC Whitney http://www.abestweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/...;f=35;t=000010
    I'm pretty sure JC would have loyal customers who bookmark their site and are probably wondering about the pop-ups!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    JC Whitney has their own act to cleanup named CarParts.com at BeFree. They haven't paid affiliates there for owed commissions and sure had questionable reporting of sales when they plastered their own non paying links all over that acquired property. I admire their move to CJ but will not showcase them til they settle accounts.

They are a catalog company and should excell in customer service ..not! When they record a sustainable EPC for all to see then I'll showcase them and build out the auto sections around their offerings. Their shoppers know best if they deserve a bookmark since their logs will tell them if they get non-referral traffic.

keep on cussin' because they are never going to "get off your domain", quite the opposite.

parasiteware/scumware or whatever you want to call it is here to stay and you can only expect more of the same due to its overwhelming success.

morpheus is the 24th most searched keyword on the SE's and KaZaA is the 30th(ish) according to wordtracker.

The owners of these types of software have quickly leaped from superaffiliate to performance partner and the chances of ad networks booting them now is nil.

I have a plan to bring them all down but it would require everyones participation and the chances of that are also nil.

@Austin "keep on cussin' because they are never going to "get off your domain", quite the opposite"
    Yes I know, but it makes me feel better to yell obscenities at them.

If you've got a plan, I'd love to hear it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] or if there is someone who can develop a whizbang file swapping program without the leechers in it, I'd be happy to promote it.

@Mike, I was with carparts for ages and did well with them until they dropped to 5%.
    I got my knickers in a knot about the 5%, which was unacceptable then, (funny how it's acceptable now!)and moved my primary focus to another parts dealer.

They owe me too but I'm not about to shoot myself in the foot by dropping JC over their relationship with carparts.

quote:
    I have a plan to bring them all down but it would require everyones participation and the chances of that are also nil.

Youre probably right about that Austin but what kind of plan do you have in mind anyway?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread