Ad-Aware was profiled on the news today in Canada. There is a segment called Webmania on the news of the CTV TV-network (one of Canada's major broadcast networks). On each Webmania segment they select a pick-of-the-week website to discuss.

This week they focussed on Ad-Aware [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] They showed the Lavasoft website and also showed Ad-Aware running.

The webmania website has a transcript of what the reporter said (scroll to near the bottom of the page).

It was interesting to note that the "spin" they used in presenting Ad-Aware was from the perspective of a viewer "Asking what could be done about an excessive number of pop-up windows that littered his desktop and slowed down his surfing." You can read the full Webmania (May 17, 2002) transcript online the network's website.

The segment airs several times during the week so this item gets major coverage with consumers. If you are in Canada, see the site for broadcast dates/times.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Affiliate Scripts | Want a link from my website? | detect.js

I think that's great. I have to send an email tip to my local NBC station about Ad Aware - they have a lot of Consumer features about protecting your privacy online and how to combat SPAM.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Is thta Tech TV show still running since they love doing segments on how to rid your computer of viruses. The trojan horse adware backdoors are viruses and they'd get real involved if the viewers had problems with Ezula -Grockster-Morpheus -Limewire and KaZaa all competing for redirects and "call home" privacy spying.

Do you mean the Tech TV Channel - used to be ZDTV ? It's still on.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread