I just realized I have some sort of parasite ware on my PC. I noticed it when I went to visit a particular ecommerce site by typing in the basic URL. My browser automatically directed me to the site via a LinkShare affiliate link. I did a little research and found the affiliate to be Jambafind.com. Any info out there on these guys? This is all fairly new to me, any help in removing this from my PC would be appreciated.

Neterior,

Their CJ PID is 1071735 I have CJ looking into them ... If you can PM ME the LS ID I'll forward it to Stephen Messer to look into it also!

I have found out in the past week that they may be related to Kazaa somehow.

Haiko
    PS. After you forward me the LS ID go here to rid your machine of the paraistes.

[Added PS]

[ 05-28-2002: Message edited by: Haiko ]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Great work you guys. Identify the spin-offs and the affiliate ID#s and kick them in the pocketbooks. Any startup affiliate that gets huge stats is a suspect for network parasite/hijacker patrol.

Neterior

We noticed a problem with Ameropa and JambaFind awhile back and promptly removed them. In the meanwhile on my computer here at Candlemart, I got some spyware/parasite ware stuck on my computer and couldn't figure how to get it off forever. They disguised a program that allegedly watches for viruses as parasite-ware that just consistently throws ads on your computer, I found a thing in my programs called supporter5 or something similar that I removed and the parasiteware went away, look for that supporter5 and tell me if you have that.
    Hope this helps,
    Aaron Empsall www.candlemart.com

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread