Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Interesting...
    http://biz.yahoo.com/bizwk/020612/tc200206121108_2.html

[Fixed Link]

[ 06-17-2002: Message edited by: Haiko ]

BLFH,

Indeed!

quote:
    Remember, file-sharing involves both uploading and downloading. What happens when big bills start arriving in the mailboxes of the "supersharers" who supply a disproportionate amount of the inventory to P2P networks? Would they be willing to pay stiff broadband fees for transmitting files to others on the network?

I think that it will spark the development of "ultra-compression" technology but, notwithstanding the increased fees, it is still cheaper than "Buying" the music at the store. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Haiko

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    quote:
    notwithstanding the increased fees, it is still cheaper than "Buying" the music at the store.

True. But I suppose it will depend on what type of pay structure the cable companies are looking at. However, even if people decrease the amount of files being shared, the parasiteware will still be installed on all those millions of computers.

I was looking at LimeWire's message board awhile back. People were up in arms over the new release (which included spyware) but their displeasure seemed to more at the fact ads had been added to the interface and the the system was unstable. The hardcore P2P users seem to be very fixated on "getting something for free." So maybe the increased cable access would be a factor to some.

I still feel that a legal precedent needs to be set for anything/anyone who changes content on a website who is not the owner of the site. Our AG office has expressed an interest, but it's all new news to them. I'm working on info to send them. Unfortunately, there is only one prosecuter for the state who deals with cybercrimes and 2 investigators. So they are pretty busy. I figure the more background and research they have handed to them, the more likely to get a response. It appears we may have some recent laws on the books that may be able to be used.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread