I just cleaned out my system. I visited a site, and this box popped up, said there was a parasite on my pc and the site wouldn't allow me to visit.
    (kudos for that)

I do have ad-aware, so i ran it again, I just did this the other day. But I realized, I did downlod Kazaa for a few songs, I should have gotten rid of it when I was done. Then there were so many other things I had no idea what they were, so I just got rid of them.
    Rebooted, went back to that site, and whew! Im all good now.

Wanted to thank everyone who has taken the time to post about these things. I would have never have learned about all this if it wasn't for you! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Also, question, the javascript the lady had, on here site that popped and told me about the parasite, can I use that on my site too? or do I have to get it from somewhere else?
    (if you know...)

Fool! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Haven't you heard of Gnucleus. Just as good as Kazaa.

LOL! thanks, I will definately be using that one now!

Char,

quote:
    Also, question, the javascript the lady had, on here site that popped and told me about the parasite, can I use that on my site too? or do I have to get it from somewhere else?

http://www.cusimano.com/scripts/detect/

Haiko

quote:
    Originally posted by rewardme:
    I just cleaned out my system. I visited a site, and this box popped up, said there was a parasite on my pc and the site wouldn't allow me to visit.
    (kudos for that)

More and more webmasters and webpublishers are adding parasite detectors to their sites. I have added it to mine about 3 months ago.
    I use an custom version of Andrew Clover's parasite detector

And yes ... I deny access.

Celtic Stone

ABW Ambassador
    You can use KazaaLite instead, thats what i use. Has a dummy dll so you still connect to the main network, just with no spyware

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread