ABW Ambassador

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Popups stink and all parasites use them when triggered by sleezebag advertiser keywords. Coupons are the automated invention of the affiliate networks that are reserved territory for their Duperaffiliates posing as merchants. Coupons feed Gator, eBates or incent sites and offer the network insiders using traffic hijacking schemes to overcome the crappy conversion ratios of the network merchants. So my guess without even looking is a domain called Popupcoupons is a copycat interloper toed into the networks autofeed service reserved for parasites.

johnniebry,

Looking at the Technology (see http://www.popuptips.com/docs/examples.html ) I am assuming that http://shoppingguru.com/ IS popping up contextually and direct site wise with their own coupon code links, thusly pilfering the traffic .... so YES they are ... I'll call them and see exactly what they are doing.

quote:
    ShoppingGuru.com is excited to offer this FREE service that puts online coupons "Where you want them, when you want them". With this exciting new software installed, coupons automatically popup when you visit online merchants.

Haiko

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread