Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Saw these listed in an Article on Newsweek as "file swapping" and search systems with advertising... what's the low down on them if any?

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    Mondera Partner Management
    Mondera : Click Here
    Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

Web Studio-1 Solutions Co., Ltd : Click Here
    Microsoft Certified Partner
    Affiliate Management and Marketing Solutions

I don't know the programs too well, but I seem to remember that iMesh comes bundled with the well known parasite Gator.

Anyway, these programs are used to share files, or in other words steal someone elses property. Same sh|t as Kazaa, Morpheus etc.
    The users of these programs are only looking for files to steal. Be it sound, video or warez.

The users of these programs are thieves. The developers are helping them steal. If a merchant chooses to advertise inside these programs, it tells me something about their moral standards.

I don't have any indication that iMesh is stealing commissions the way Morpheus does, but the philosophy behind the program itself should be enough for any merchant to see the light.

Nothing good comes out of dealing with crooks.

I have Lime Wire installed. It comes with a shopping feature that seems to be disabled by default. If you want to shop, you have to go to the menu and select the shopping feature.

I've tried clicking affiliate links with Lime Wire running, and it doesn't appear to change any code or frame sites or redirect pages.

Andy

I have iMesh installed and you can use adaware and remove all the junk and still be able to use it (just).

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Website Tools | Webmaster Resources | Website Articles

well I installed imesh a long time ago and it got bundled with gator and newnet. But I saw there forum and it seems like they removed gator and newnet, and I installed it again and my computer keeps on crashing when I'm using imesh, so I'm scanning my computer with lavasoft adaware and see if anything pops up.. ah there we go scans done and lets see whats on the list.. don't know if it's from imesh but all I found was the following? anyone know what it is?

1. VIRTUMONDE
    2. WIN32.TROJAN.AGENT.CS

Exclamation
    The new version of iMesh is clean. It no longer has spyware included in the download. However, the new version is very difficult to find any download that doesnt stop near 90% and tell you it is copyrighted material.

Aside from the constant "Upgrade to Pro!" message you get when you open the program, LimeWire is also clean. I use LimeWire myself and have not discovered any issue stemming from this program.

Hope that helps.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread