ABW Ambassador
    I saw this over at webmasterworld, saw you dynamoo, and was just wondering what people thought of this. At http://www.foxnews.com they sell text ads and checking some the backlinks of some of the sites advertising there, Foxnews is listed as a backlink. It seems not only will millions see your text ad, but there is also a passing of PR. Fox News is a PR8 site and some sites advertising have a PR7 with not that many backlinks. Seems like a good deal to me, but GoogleGuy didn't give a straight answer on this.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

problem with webmasterworld is the endless threads complaining "it's not fair" about any site that beats them on the SE rankings.
    boring

the links are $5000 a month, if you seriously think you can make more than $5000 extra a month with a page rank boost on one domain, go sign up.
    sounds like a terrible deal to me.

ABW Ambassador
    From their page: "The average link costs $1200" Now if it was that much for a text link, i wouldn't pay more, i would be looking more at the traffic the site gets, the PR is just a bonus.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    It might be a good place to advertise in, say, October/November, when people start shopping for Xmas, and are willing to pay for big ticket items. Like trust said, you'd have to be really careful about the amount and type of traffic. I bet you could sell a lotta flags there, though, lol.

Time Is A Parasite's Friend

the $5k is from the fox campaign page..

"Home Page
    $5,000 per link on this page.
    The Home Page gets 90,000,000 page views on average per month"

ABW Ambassador
    I'm getting this:

Current Campaigns
    FOX News
    Estimated monthly impressions- 205,000,000
    Price range - $500 to $5000 per link per month.

http://www.targetedcampaigns.com/
    http://www.targetedadcampaigns.com/campaigns.html
    Then they have a more info/order button where you're supposed to give them a budget and they will get back to you.
    Either way, i would consider paying $1,000 around the holidays. I think the worst you could do is break even. But i would want to know exactly what i would be paying before i did it.

I also would call them first, i noticed an extreme free counter on the bottom of their page, not very professional.

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on March 28, 2003 at 12:11 PM.]

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Jeeeze, that's like 87,000,000 more impressionsthan I got last year, lol.

Time Is A Parasite's Friend

They may up the prize for the holiday season though ...

Regards,

=xo=

I paid $300 to run a banner ad on a local news site here in houston, several years ago. Money would have been better spent on the search engines. People go to a news site for news. People are hard to distract. I don't understand where people get off charging these kind of advertising rates. What good is traffic that is not targeted?

I often check out sites advertised on local radio shows. I got lucky one day and found one that had a public tracker. Did not seem like the radio ad brought in much traffic.

In 97 the Houston Chronicle wrote an article about my website. Didn't even tell me but here comes all this traffic and phone calls so I found out. Then I thought about how large the circulation of that newspaper was. If I had paid to run that article I would have been VERY dissapointed in the response.

If anyone knows anything that brings more traffic than a good search engine ranking I would love to hear about it.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread