Wouldn't the parasites, Ebates, et all be here explaining and defending themselves? I know if I was "wrongfully" accused of something, or if something was going on I really didn't know was happening, I would be here defending myself, apologizing and explaining what I was going to do to rectify the situation!

Their silence says it all.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I agree Connie. In 2 years I've never seen any Duper affiliate openly post on any public forum. Maybe the networks advise them not to divulge they are NOT merchants and shouldn't be allowed this status. When the Superaffiliates get granted merchant status to throw a few pennies to duped affiliates for lead fees the grow into monsters.

These guys flourished in the CPC and pay per lead era as they all were front ends for generating spam lists and telemarketing broker side deals for DMA ( Direct Marketing Assoc.) members.

Take a look at the deadpool list of merchants at all the networks and you'll find hundreds of these FREEBEE/Incent/rewards peddling con men. The management sure needs to learn they have to kick all the CPC and lead merchants out on their butts to clean up their acts.

WebMaster Mike

quote:
    Wouldn't the parasites, Ebates, et all be here explaining and defending themselves?

They are here - lurking - just like the terrorist sleeper cells residing in America's cities awaiting their turn to be relocated to our prisons. And yes, their silence says it all.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Connie Berg:
    Wouldn't the parasites, Ebates, et all be here explaining and defending themselves? I know if I was "wrongfully" accused of something, or if something was going on I really didn't know was happening, I would be here defending myself, apologizing and explaining what I was going to do to rectify the situation!

We are insignificant to them. Yes we feed their pay packets, but they could not care less about defending themselves here. They don't really care what affiliates think of them. Their customers are not affiliates. If the customers started to complain about their activities, you can bet they would defend themselves then.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

I agree Connie. Silence says more than ten thousand words.

The parasites feed off of our sites. By doing so, they prevent us from making money. If we can't make money, we shut down.

In the end, the parasites will also die as they will have killed off their source of income.

I believe as more merchants become aware of what's happening, and they realize the parasites are costing them MORE money for the same sale, they'll drop the parasites. I also think some of the merchants will go in-house with their programs, which will cost the networks money.

After all, one of the reasons for having a network involved is the trust issue. They monitor tracking, commissions, etc. But if you can't trust the networks 100%, who needs them?

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

I guess I took my lumps for nothing eh?

The reason the folks you are complaining about don't post here is because they have nothing to gain but a headache.

The fact that they are still live on the networks and with merchants is all the justification they need to keep going.

quote:
    The fact that they are still live on the networks and with merchants is all the justification they need to keep going.

Just because they're "getting away with it" for now doesn't mean it's going to stay that way forever.

There's a maniac running around shooting people too. I guess the fact they haven't been caught yet is all the justification they need to keep going as well, huh?

It doesn't justify anything, and it doesn't make it right.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Tim,
    Instead of just sitting around hoping nothing changes so you can re-activate your toolbar, you could be helping to fix things.

Just waiting for the standards to be set so you can figure ways to make your toolbar work in ways that are "just within" the limits?

And even when the standards are set, they will not cover everything. Just because things are not written in some guidelines or standards doesn't make them right.

I for one won't do things just because I can, if I don't feel it is right.

Connie - www.flamingoworld.com

All around the mulberry bush the flamingo chased the weasel

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread