Has anyone heard about this new pop-up download? It looks like they have brought downloads to a new low. They trick users into downloading their software by having them click on No (reverse logic). I got fooled into this and have been getting tons of pop-ups at merchant sites. I did a little snooping around and found out that the company doing this is
    This is how their alert message reads:

"Without the Bargain Buddy you will not be able to take advantage of our incredible offers! Bargain Buddy offers you relevant specials offers, allowing you to get the very best discounts and coupons. Do you want to remove Bargain Buddy before trying it?

By clicking No you agree to Bargain Buddy's terms and conditions (

Yes No

That is very low. Do you happen to remember where you got "infected", so that others may take a look at the actual pop-up for themselves? That kind of kills the advice I give to most computer illiterate folks "just click no, unless you know exactly what you're downloading".

It seems everytime I think I've seen the worst in people, I get surprised by something lower.

The Charity Network

I just got the Bargain Buddy pop-up at Myyahoo. I almost clicked on No (as I am so used to doing). I can't believe that this company can get away with something like this. Has anyone out there filed a complaint against this company with the FTC? If anyone else sees this crazy popup download, try to capture the image. I tried to but was unsuccessful.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread